Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquarium Fish: On the Clownfishes' Range of Hosts

CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE

There are numerous species of anemonefishes, more commonly known to hobbyists as clownfishes, that normally associate with a few species sea anemones. However, these same clownfishes will often times associate with non-anemone invertebrates in the absence of a suitable anemone host. It's an odd but common occurrence in aquaria, and this month I'll give you some information about clownfish-anemone relationships, and show you some examples of their substitute hosts.
    The Uniphotobomber

Thanks! That was very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    60G 4x2x1 (5/15): Flow=1xRW-8/1xMP-25 set to random; Lighting=2x54T5Guismanactinic//1x400MHXM10K; Controller=RKL w/SL1 for ATO (10GRODI); Live Rock (125lbs of pukani/fiji/tonga) // Bare Bottom; 40G Refuge; Macros(Red Dragon, Dragons Breath, Calerp); Ocean Runner 2500 Return Pump w/T to sump; Heater=2x150Jaeger.

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
    ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Now if I could just get my clowns to host something lol
      http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums...ront-tank-buld

Comment

They completely forgot my clowns favorite place to host. The patch of long hair algae that I never trimmed when I realized they liked to sleep there. Lol.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house. -robert heinlein
        The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double logarithmic diagram.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 212 users online. 8 members and 204 guests.

Most users ever online was 783 at 05:59 AM on January 2nd, 2013.

Working...
        X