Announcement

Collapse

Upcoming site maintenance

Site will be down for maintenance starting at 8am MST on Monday September 25th

We will be doing a full revamp of the site and its software, and as such we will need to take the site down for an extended period while we make the switch.
See the following thread for more info : http://www.marinecolorado.org/forum/...oing-to-change

Thank you for your cooperation!
MASC BOD
See more
See less

Aquarium Fish: On the Clownfishes' Range of Hosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquarium Fish: On the Clownfishes' Range of Hosts

CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE

There are numerous species of anemonefishes, more commonly known to hobbyists as clownfishes, that normally associate with a few species sea anemones. However, these same clownfishes will often times associate with non-anemone invertebrates in the absence of a suitable anemone host. It's an odd but common occurrence in aquaria, and this month I'll give you some information about clownfish-anemone relationships, and show you some examples of their substitute hosts.
    The Uniphotobomber

Thanks! That was very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    60G 4x2x1 (5/15): Flow=1xRW-8/1xMP-25 set to random; Lighting=2x54T5Guismanactinic//1x400MHXM10K; Controller=RKL w/SL1 for ATO (10GRODI); Live Rock (125lbs of pukani/fiji/tonga) // Bare Bottom; 40G Refuge; Macros(Red Dragon, Dragons Breath, Calerp); Ocean Runner 2500 Return Pump w/T to sump; Heater=2x150Jaeger.

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
    ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Now if I could just get my clowns to host something lol
      http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums...ront-tank-buld

Comment

They completely forgot my clowns favorite place to host. The patch of long hair algae that I never trimmed when I realized they liked to sleep there. Lol.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house. -robert heinlein
        The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double logarithmic diagram.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 242 users online. 13 members and 229 guests.

Most users ever online was 1,306 at 3 days ago on 3 days ago.

Working...
        X