No announcement yet.

Pump specs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be clear, I am not trying to set up auto water changes, since that is a bit too steep a hill to climb.

The pump I used still pumped the water (20g I think) in about 40 minutes. It was coming out of the line (into the sump) with a LOT of pressure, though.

I may just go to a 3/8 or (ack) 1/2 inch line.

Zombie, what pump would you suggest then?

Comment

Mag 12 or mag 24 class. Something in the 15' head range and 1000 gal/hr range with no head.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double logarithmic diagram.

Comment

And don't bother with 3/8, 1/2 is the bare minimum if you want it to be done in less than 20 minutes.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double logarithmic diagram.

Comment

Doesn't bother me for it to take an hour.

Comment

Get a powerful Good pump and reduce it down using quality fittings. Mag Drive, Laguna, Fluval, etc.

I have a whole pile of mags that you can borrow to try if you promise to bring them back. I am in Longmont.

When inside diameter is smaller than the output of the pump, head usually goes up quite a bit... a maxijet with 3' head can push water up 10 or 12 feet with RO line... however, it can lead to premature pump failure.

Comment

Here is a random thought- not sure if this will work. Could you temporarily employ the ATO line as a second saltwater line for water changes? So you'd be pushing your saltwater through the two 1/4 inch lines and move more water faster while reducing the strain on the pump.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 153 users online. 10 members and 143 guests.

Most users ever online was 783 at 05:59 AM on January 2nd, 2013.

Working...
              X