Announcement

Collapse

Upcoming site maintenance

Site will be down for maintenance starting at 8am MST on Monday September 25th

We will be doing a full revamp of the site and its software, and as such we will need to take the site down for an extended period while we make the switch.
See the following thread for more info : http://www.marinecolorado.org/forum/...oing-to-change

Thank you for your cooperation!
MASC BOD
See more
See less

Help can't find my fish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help can't find my fish

Yesterday I saw my clown fish in my nano tank and when I got home it's been 24 hour and I do no see my fish now more. Look around the tank even the back of the nano filtering and can't find it. Any way my clean up crew eat it? My clown was 1 inch and had him for 2 month.

Next to impossible that a CUC got a live fish. They will take a free meal once a fish is dead, though. They can get some ire from hobbyists that blame them for the death, but they are only doing their job of cleaning up.

Comment

Did you check all around on the floor, fish can jump out...

I've had fish go into the filtration before, I feel like you have to remove anything that they could possibly swim in or around. I had rock rubble in the center chamber once and I could see the fish in there. Everytime I pulled a piece of rock out, it swam deeper. I had to pull it all out and use a small net to get it!

Comment

Ya very unlikely the CuC could kill a fish, especially a clown/damsels. But if the fish were to die for some reason the CuC would likely take care of the carcass in very short order.
        http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums...ront-tank-buld

Comment

Could it be possible you have a mantis shrimp and don't know it? The small ones are the most aggressive.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 274 users online. 15 members and 259 guests.

Most users ever online was 1,306 at 4 days ago on 4 days ago.

Working...
          X