Announcement

Collapse

Upcoming site maintenance

Site will be down for maintenance starting at 8am MST on Monday September 25th

We will be doing a full revamp of the site and its software, and as such we will need to take the site down for an extended period while we make the switch.
See the following thread for more info : http://www.marinecolorado.org/forum/...oing-to-change

Thank you for your cooperation!
MASC BOD
See more
See less

New to MASC, Just Moved to Denver, Need 160 Gallons of SW quick :S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to MASC, Just Moved to Denver, Need 160 Gallons of SW quick :S

Hi All!

First post here on MASC.

We just moved across country to Lafayette, CO area.

I have a 180 gallon tank and trying to get that setup today. My main problem is that I went to start filling with RODI, hooked that up, and my water pressure is 20pai, at that rate it will take me all week. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to try get this tank filled in next 48 hrs? Open to all ideas.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Glad you found MASC. I'm in Lafayette and have an RODI. I don't have any water on reserve right now though. Let me know if I can help make some water for you.

Comment

Thanks for the offer Neil!

What kind of pressure are you able to run through your system? Do you run a booster pump?

Comment

Doing some more research it looks like I just need to buy a booster pump, anyone know where I could buy them locally?

Looking for the Aquatec 8800? Any ideas?

Comment

I have one in stock for $129.99. It is a new pump but has an old transformer power supply. Pump is $109.99 and $20 for the power supply. We also have 800g of water on hand but we are in highlands Ranch. If you have questions call me at 720-253-8660.

Cris
          www.aquaticartinc.com

Comment

Cris, texting you now.

Comment

Welcome to MASC and to Colorado! I'm not sure which (if any) vendors carry booster pumps in stock. Might need to order one, but that doesn't help with getting RODI quickly. I have 40 gallons in Loveland, but that's a bit of a drive for you. Again maybe not super helpful, but I think my water pressure was 40 - 50 psi out here.

Super old thread, but Allison is in Broomfield and it might be worth asking: http://www.marinecolorado.org/forum/...1-booster-pump

A quick craigslist search didn't turn up anything, but it looks like maybe RODI units might be used in home "herb" growing systems. Maybe one of the grow supply stores for that sort of thing might have a booster pump? Victory Hydro Gardening is off of South Boulder Road - (303) 664-9376
              Last edited by TheRealChrisBrown; July 10th, 2017, 08:55 AM. Reason: Nevermind - Cris got you all squared away because he is awesome like that! Welcome to MASC!

Comment

Originally posted by IUFan View Post
                Thanks for the offer Neil!

What kind of pressure are you able to run through your system? Do you run a booster pump?

I don't use a booster pump. We are at 50+ psi at last check. The pressure gauge on my rodi unit has stopped working. Are you on Lafayette city water supply?

Comment

Visiting Chris Capp will be worth it no matter what. Welcome to Colorado, glad to have you.

Comment

If you get a booster make sure you have a switch to turn it off or have it set on a timer. I burned up a pump that was left running after the reservoir was full.

Comment

Booster pump and upgrade to 150gpd worth it! Unfortunately im working next couple days or else id give you some water.
                      29 gallon biocube thread http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums...ad.php?t=22586

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealChrisBrown View Post
                        Welcome to MASC and to Colorado! I'm not sure which (if any) vendors carry booster pumps in stock. Might need to order one, but that doesn't help with getting RODI quickly. I have 40 gallons in Loveland, but that's a bit of a drive for you. Again maybe not super helpful, but I think my water pressure was 40 - 50 psi out here.

Super old thread, but Allison is in Broomfield and it might be worth asking: http://www.marinecolorado.org/forum/...1-booster-pump

A quick craigslist search didn't turn up anything, but it looks like maybe RODI units might be used in home "herb" growing systems. Maybe one of the grow supply stores for that sort of thing might have a booster pump? Victory Hydro Gardening is off of South Boulder Road - (303) 664-9376
                        I also have 40 gallons on hand and I'm in Loveland as well. So of you do make the drive that's 80 gallons.
                        Oh and welcome to Colorado and to this awesome group!
                        Stay salty

Comment

I could have 150- 175 gallons in Brighton text me at 303-5two3-37two6.
                          60G Cube, 20G tall sump (DIY): 6 Blue/Green Chromis, 2 Wyoming White Clown, 1 Fire Fish, 1 Royal Gramma.
                          Softball sized Hammer Head, 2 Quarter Sized Zoa's, 1 Baseball Sized Flower Pot, 1 Green Rainbow BTA

Comment

Okay. Cris had a pump for me but wrong size fittings, so I just ordered one online, arrives tomorrow.

In the meantime, love the idea of buying some water from you all, my concern is how do I transport it??

Some pics:

Pressure gauge on my RODI. (Moved to a different faucet and am now getting 31 psi) it's the 150GPD, so figure maybe I can get 60 gallons a day with this pressure?

A pic of the temporary holding tank that will be home to my fish and rock for about 9 month until I set up my existing tank. It's a 180 gallon stock tank.

A pic of about 1/2 the rock which made the journey with me this time, going back to drive out the tank and fish.

A pic of what my tank used to look like up until about 2 weeks ago.

Comment

I'll give you the water no problem their

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 272 users online. 15 members and 257 guests.

Most users ever online was 1,306 at 4 days ago on 4 days ago.

Working...
                              X