150 gal stock list question

Hey guys so I am setting up a new 150 gal fowlr tank and was curious what my stocking order should be. I don't have exact names of the fish but I really would like:
Couple tangs
Couple angels
Foxface
Butterfly
Puffer
Wrasse
Maybe anything else you guys would like to add. I was wondering what order I should add them. This will be about a month out because I am letting it cycle. Thanks

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
it all depends on what species of each but i would suggest the wrasse first and tangs/ angels last
djromo;354490 said:
Hey guys so I am setting up a new 150 gal fowlr tank and was curious what my stocking order should be. I don't have exact names of the fish but I really would like:
Couple tangs
Couple angels
Foxface
Butterfly
Puffer
Wrasse
Maybe anything else you guys would like to add. I was wondering what order I should add them. This will be about a month out because I am letting it cycle. Thanks

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
djromo;354530 said:
So anything in between those would be fine any order?
basically. the angels would be the most territorial then tangs,puffer,foxface,butterfly, wrasse can be skittish if other more dominant fish have already staked their claim . again,this is all rough advice. its all dependent on what actual species you choose

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ambrosio Aquatics;354594 said:
basically. the angels would be the most territorial then tangs,puffer,foxface,butterfly, wrasse can be skittish if other more dominant fish have already staked their claim . again,this is all rough advice. its all dependent on what actual species you choose
+1 you will really need to narrow it down to specific types to know exactly. But ya I would likely do wrasse, puffer, foxface, butterfly, all the angels at once, all the tangs at once. All the fish (cept the wrasse), but especially the group of Angels and tangs, will need to be QT'd before hand and then add them all in as a group once ready. Be sure to also give like 1-2 months minimum between each addition to the DT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys so I have compiled a list. Please let me know what you think...any additions or anything to scratch off.

Tangs
-naso
-blue
Foxface
-one spot
Angels
-coral beauty
-half black
Butterfly
-Saddleback
Wrasse
-dragon
-pink face

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
djromo;354670 said:
Ok guys so I have compiled a list. Please let me know what you think...any additions or anything to scratch off.

Tangs
-naso
-blue Atlantic,hippo or powder?
Foxface
-one spot
Angels
-coral beauty
-half black
Butterfly
-Saddleback
Wrasse
-dragon
-pink face
those wrasse can be aggressive might need to add them later if unless you get small juvies

Ya I plan on getting them as juvies. That's what I am going to try and do for all the stock. Is there anything that I might need to remove or anything you think I should add? Is that to much stock for that tank?

Ok so for my list I was thinking of taking out the dragon wrasse and putting in a harlequin tusk. Was curious. What order I should introduce them....so the list was:
Tangs
-naso
-blue
Foxface
-one spot
Angels
-coral beauty
-half black
Butterfly
-saddleback
Wrasse
-pink face