180g Carpet Nem Tank

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Imagine it when it's painted! I'd do a powder coat or chrome it, and leave it not put any sides on it... I was wondering how the sump was going in as well.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ill be sliding the sump in from the side there is 20" on the side plenty of room to slide the sump in. i have been doing some reserch on RC DIY, there is a thread about steel stands! Im going to paint it w/ a chassy pait for cars, it will be blak and the stand will be faced w/ oak and stained to a dark cherry finish! ill be adding a few more braces but most of it is done!

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Guys I really cant wait! When i got the tank i told my wife id wait a yr to get it going! Ya wright i plan on having it going by the first of the year or sooner if everything falls into place! patrick should be done w/ the reseal by the end of the week, and i way have the stand painted by next week! Then i need to get all the wood for skin and canopy!

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah lol, we all tell our wives the same thing lol. Oh but hunny this pump is a great deal, oh and this skimmer ill never find at a cheaper price lol. Next thing you know you have everything ready to go lol.

68sting

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
The stand looks great. Murph went with a metal stand also. Here's a link to his build. You can see what he painted his with and the feet he used to level it.

http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2380

If you like the cherry look I would go with clear alder instead of oak. It's a poor mans cherry. I wanted the cherry look also and used alder. I also sprayed my stain on and really like how it turned out. It was a pain in the butt though.

Keep the pictures coming. Should be a sweet build.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya i saw murps build in the rc forum and beleave me i think i read all 35 pages of that thread! Time to change gears fro hunting hope to get it painted b4 i leave next weeek!

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow time flys during the holidays! I have been able to work on my stand and get it complete. Its painted and ready to go, i have also gathered everything to finish this build! Over the last few mths i have bought 3 Lumanarc mini reflectors, i eheim return pump 900 gph, 300 lbs of sand, 150lbs of lr, 2 buckets of Seachem reef salt, a set of current led moon lights all i need to get is my other vortech which has been ordered. So all i need to complete is the facing of the stand w/ wood, which i have already bought as well. It will come togeather eventually!! Ill post some pics of the goods this week some time!

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can't wait to see the progress! The whole stand seemed to be going pretty damn sweet before this so I'm sure it definitely looks awesome! Did you do any painting yet, I assume you got the tank back from patrick? I thought I heard you say you did. On a side note time definitely FLYS by around the hollidays, what a shame!

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya the holidays SUCKED this yr I lost my grama on xmas day! So that is a big reason why i was unable to get more done but life is getting back to what ever normal is!

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for the bump I have sand in the tank and have made 150 gall of water today!!!!!!!!! But have not taken any pic of the build!:( i just get going and b4 i know it i am being told " charlie all u worry about is that tank" From my wife of corse! Look for a few pics in the near future!