20L w/ 9G Sump, First time saltwater

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;67255 said:
oh, don't know I assumed your were still cycling your tank. Run your lights, its cheap coral food.
It is sorta, 50% of water, rock, and sand were established last month in a 10g tank which didn't spike because half of that rock was a premium rock with great color. I haven't gotten a spike now either, so I added a few things to see if I can increase the bacteria within the tank.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The scooter isnt a true blenny, its a dragonette, and should be able to cohabitate with the lawnmower.
If you like the lawnmowers, take a look at starry blennys, they are super cool lookin lawnmowers.

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't think the scooter will be able to live long in my tank without supplementing it's food supply. Same with the Lawnmower, but I was told that they will eat the algae sheets that I will put up for the snails. Right now I think the scooter is starving unless I get some frozen stuff in there, which I'm not sure it will eat.

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
The scooter is cool. He covers up at night under the rocks with just his eyes sticking out. I will try to get a picture of him. He has really dark coloration.

Aaron thanks for the recommendation for the PE mysis. I need to get the PE mysis, but I have been busy and I don't think my wife wants me to buy anything else for the aquarium. Except for the clowns. Said something about going alone to Fort Collins for the meeting that way I can have a private conversation with the fish on the way home. Anyways, do you know of a location I can get a small supply of PE mysis down south of Denver?

David

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I will be stopping by PNR on the way home since they have PE Mysis. I originally thought I was supposed to just drop the cube into the tank, but I guess I need to thaw the cube first, rinse with RO/DI, and feed the individual thawed mysis into the tank unless someone has a better idea. This will be my first feeding, and I'm sure I will need to perfect the way I do things in the future. We also go over to the Asian H Mart every weekend, so I might be able to grab fresh stuff to feed in the future.

BTW my repaired Koralia Nano 425 arrived and is running in the tank along with my Koralia 750.

David

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
IMO PE Mysis is the only way to go when it comes to Mysis. I tried about 3-4 other brands and none of them compare. Not only do the fish get more excited over PE but if you read the contents its much more nutritious for the fish then other brands. You can even tell the difference in quality just by looking at it. I picked mine up at Elite for around $15 and it will last forever. I feed PE Mysis during the week and RODS on the weekends.

I cut up the cubes and then place them so that they are being sucked on by my power heads. As the frozen cubes melt they get shot into the tank and my fish love it.

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I only have the scooter blenny. He didn't eat any of the mysis shrimp I dropped into the tank however the crabs liked it and one of the snails showed up. maybe he was full from other stuff, so we will try again in a few days.

I thawed a cube of mysis and only dropped 6 shrimp into the tank. I will probably cut it up next time and use 1/16 of the cube, since I tossed the rest when I was done.

David

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That would be cool.....thanks
I love those stomatella. If I could only choose two types of snails to put in my tank it would be stomatellas and columbellids.

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I feed my tank last night which might not have been good since no one really wanted any food. However the good thing was both my Nassarius snails made a showing. My Scooter still hasn't eaten the PE Mysis, but picks around the aquarium for stuff and was happy with the pods that came with the cheato.