210g just for fun

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have actually had my tank setup now for about a month. Thought I should make a build thread. I traded my 60 cube for this beauty. I decided on 2 style of island with a pretty sweet archway. Sump is a 40b with a Reef Octopus 250EXT that I have to run internally..... I am running a dual stage BRS reactor. Only running carbon at the moment. Lights I am sticking with 3x 250 hqi with phoenix 14k and 2 t12. Pumps I'm running are the Aqueon Quite one 8000 and powerheads are 2x Jebao RW-15 and WP-25. I supported the floors with a nice brace and some post jacks. A must and am watching for more settling as time goes on. Onto the pictures.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131108349@N08/15884479974/
This was the lovely day we picked it up.
all the pictures are on there, it is fairly pointless to give all the hyperlinks when they are right there! Ill continue posting more pics are more things happen!

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I put in one blue damsel because they are super pretty and the Red Velvet hybrid wrasse from the 60 cube. Sadly I lost my leopard wrasse from the last tank during the month I had him in the 40b quarantine tank.... Some friends are going to be in Hawaii next week and have my list and have acquired several dream fish for the tank now.

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got some updates! Changed the lights out to 3 400 w radion and 2 vho super actinic. The corals have now started taking off. Also added a bunch of fish and a third jebao rw15.

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fish as of right now are Regal tang, Yellow tang, sailfin tang, male and female lyertale anthias (the male has amazing streamers coming off his tail), bar goby, yellow watchmen goby, cleaner shrimp, melanarus wrasse, ornate leopard wrasse, the blue wrasse hybrid in the picture above, China wrasse, African Midas blenny, and finally a blue damsel.

Corals are a bit harder....
Zoas: pink krak, blue hornet, CAP,CAR, Midas golds, scrambled eggs, eagle eyes, tubb blue, some crazy cool red with black center zoa, Rastas, fruit loops, toxic greens, udder chaos, pink zippers, orange bam bams, captain America pallys, tangerine zoas, another I don't know the name of and watermelon zoas.

LPS: green hammer, frogspawn, hidnoforia, (no clue on spelling) 2 Lobos, a pink in color acan.

SPS: sunrise monti, some kind of green tabling acro, Bloody Mary monti, green monti, Christmas monti, tricolor valida, mint green stag horn, Gard banzai, satosa, green with purple tip acro, red planet, red dragon, purple stag horn, a green mili, bubblegum milli, green stylo, purple digi, orange digi, green slimmer, a sweet milli I picked up from reefermatt, 3 mini colonies of wild caught that had browned out and are now starting to color up, a green with green polip acro, and I believe last is a blue smooth skinned acro. Hawkins blue quite possible

I believe that is all the live stock I have at the moment.

As far as equipment....
210 dual overflow 40b 3 chamber sump floats direct connected to rodi. Aqueon AQ8000, Polly filter, reef octopus skimmer, 2 150w heaters, aqua medic stand alone refugium, apex, life reef calcium reactor (the big boy), some kind of pinpoint marine co2 regulator. 3 rw 15s set at max flow and one mp20 all set to else mode. I finally "finished" the lights, I am running 3 400w mh with radium bulbs in the lumen max elite reflectors being driven by lumatec select a watt ballasts and 2 ulv vhos with a Hamilton ballast. I am looking into building some led blue night pods and a stunner strip just for when the t12s are on. I also believe that is all for equipment. I'm no longer running the carbon and gfo reactor. So that is off now. Pretty much have all the equipment taken care of minus the apex auto feeder. I'll add more livestock and such when I get more!

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sadly that turned out to be nothing since they could not find anyone to ship from there. No big deal but would have been really fun!

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

This is how she sits today. Getting par readings of just over 800 at the top of the rock stack and pretty gradually hits about 250 to 300 at the sand bed. Not too shabby. I can never get my iPhone to white balance out all the blue in pictures. But I'm loving the amazing mix of color and par of the 20k Radium! I would change out to something a bit less blue but from what I'm told nothing compares. So I'll be sticking with these till I die probably.

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't own one and I only run the metal halides for 4 hours a day. I want a rhomboid wrasse or 2 the final anthias for the trio and a pencil wrasse. May be a long time before those though!

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
A few updates. Mostly coral. Added blue voodoo, ice fire, and the bluest Cali tort I have ever seen. Growth is going crazy on all sps and some zoas have double and tripled in size. I added a filefish in the refug and am still looking for some shortcakes a Diablo milli and some other sps frags. I still have a ton of space to fill.