225 Gallon Deep Sea Aquatics Aquarium, Stand, Canopy Auction

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
** Reserve met **

Well I decided I am going to auction off my aquarium, stand and canopy. The auction will start now and end Saturday August 23rd at 12:00pm. 1st and foremost I have a reserve. If the reserve is not met when the auction ends then I will not sell the system. I have a good amount of money invested in this and I don't plan on giving it away. The reserve amount is much lower than I paid for the system. In the spirit of fun with auctions I will not set a starting price so bid away!

It is possible that the system might not be broken down before the bidding ends. Please be patient, worst case scenario it might not be available for a week or so. The plan is to have all my livestock out and the system broken down by August 23rd but you know, sometimes life happens and I am also at the mercy of how busy we are at Premier.

Here is what is up for auction:
225 Gallon (72"x27"x27") Deep Sea Aquatics Glass Aquarium with a PVC/Wood bottom, great for closed loops and a custom overflow!

Custom Stand and canopy stained black. The 2 large doors on the stand are childproof. To remove the doors the slide up then you pull out from the bottom. No hinges to go bad and honestly I think the design is pretty genius. The back of the stand is open in the middle for tubing and such if needs be. There is also a false wall built into the side of the stand to mount your equipment and hide your cords.

The back of the canopy is fully open and there are tiny magnets holding the front panel of the canopy in place. To remove you just pull up and out. there is a tiny 1" scratch on the front glass on the top right hand corner, barely visible unless you are looking for it.

Here are the rules:
Winning bidder must be able to pay cash or Paypal within 24 hours of auction end (accountability rule)
Bids must be in $1 increments (anti spam rule)
Auction closes 15 minutes after the last bid on August 23rd after 12:00pm (sniping prevention rule)
10% discount will be given to the winning bidder if they are a badged member! Must be badged on or before August 21st (badged members rule!!)
Buy now price for the system - $1200 (instant gratification rule)
I reserve the right to change the rules up to 48 hours of auction end (small print rule!)

Get your dream setup, start bidding!

Last edited by a moderator:

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh man...why do you tempt me, sir? I would totally put that thing in storage if I had to...grr.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No need to drive up the bid this early :p

Seriously though...I'll be shopping for storage units this weekend to see if this is feasible. I love that tank.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
djkms;322102 said:
Well I decided I am going to auction off my aquarium, stand and canopy. The auction will start now and end Saturday August 23rd at 12:00pm. 1st and foremost I have a reserve. If the reserve is not met when the auction ends then I will not sell the system. I have a good amount of money invested in this and I don't plan on giving it away. The reserve amount is much lower than I paid for the system. In the spirit of fun with auctions I will not set a starting price so bid away!

It is possible that the system might not be broken down before the bidding ends. Please be patient, worst case scenario it might not be available for a week or so. The plan is to have all my livestock out and the system broken down by August 23rd but you know, sometimes life happens and I am also at the mercy of how busy we are at Premier.

225 Gallon (72"x27"x27") Deep Sea Aquatics Glass Aquarium with a PVC/Wood bottom, great for closed loops and a custom overflow!

Custom Stand and canopy stained black. The 2 large doors on the stand are childproof. To remove the doors the slide up then you pull out from the bottom. No hinges to go bad and honestly I think the design is pretty genius. The back of the stand is open in the middle for tubing and such if needs be. There is also a false wall built into the side of the stand to mount your equipment and hide your cords.

The back of the canopy is fully open and there are tiny magnets holding the front panel of the canopy in place. To remove you just pull up and out. there is a tiny 1" scratch on the front glass on the top right hand corner, barely visible unless you are looking for it.
Here are the rules:
Winning bidder must be able to pay cash or Paypal within 24 hours of auction end (accountability rule)
Auction closes 15 minutes after the last bid on August 23rd after 12:00pm (sniping prevention rule)
10% discount will be given to the winning bidder if they are a badged member! (badged members rule!!)
I reserve the right to change the rules up to 48 hours of auction end (small print rule!)

Lol so its cheaper to pay the $20 to become a badged member to save the 10%...love it!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah I need to adjust that rule a bit. Fact is I love and support this club. Last thing I want is for only 1 person to get badged so they can get the discount. i want to encourage numerous members to get badged :D

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Seems a bit unfair to change the rules after an auction starts. And the whole badged thing ****es me off but I guess we(SCMAS) just need to encourage our members to do these same types of things when selling to masc members is all.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is the tank drilled/reef ready?

djkms;322102 said:

Here are the rules:
10% discount will be given to the winning bidder if they are a badged member! Must be badged before August 21st (badged members rule!!)

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
LeviK;322116 said:
Seems a bit unfair to change the rules after an auction starts. And the whole badged thing ****es me off but I guess we(SCMAS) just need to encourage our members to do these same types of things when selling to masc members is all.
Sorry you feel its unfair. I did state in my rules that I reserve the right to change the rules. Its not like I am going to willy nilly change the rules to benefit me. I just want to have a option which allows me to change them if there is a benefit for the bidders or the club. I also put a stipulation on that rule that I cannot change the rules within 48 hours of auction end to help reduce drama. I guess changing the rules 2 weeks out can still upset :(

Also sorry you dont like the badged member discount. There are percs to being a member of MASC, this is one of them. Look at previous sale threads from numerous members on here. We members typically offer discounts for badged members. This is just another one in a long list of them...

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Van,

I purchased the tank non reef ready. The plan was to only have the tank temporarily in my apartment until I moved into my house. I wasn't sure where I wanted the overflow when the tank moved into the house so i was going to drill it in-between moves. Now I am going to just sell it so I can get something bigger :D

The tank can be EASILY drilled, the bottom is PVC and plywood, no threat of the bottom cracking this way. I would bet Fluid Designers could put a overflow in for you at a great price!

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
djkms;322122 said:
Sorry you feel its unfair. I did state in my rules that I reserve the right to change the rules. Its not like I am going to willy nilly change the rules to benefit me. I just want to have a option which allows me to change them if there is a benefit for the bidders or the club. I also put a stipulation on that rule that I cannot change the rules within 48 hours of auction end to help reduce drama. I guess changing the rules 2 weeks out can still upset :(

Also sorry you dont like the badged member discount. There are percs to being a member of MASC, this is one of them. Look at previous sale threads from numerous members on here. We members typically offer discounts for badged members. This is just another one in a long list of them...
Anyways... Thanks for understanding and $203

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
thanks

djkms;322123 said:
Van,

I purchased the tank non reef ready. The plan was to only have the tank temporarily in my apartment until I moved into my house. I wasn't sure where I wanted the overflow when the tank moved into the house so i was going to drill it in-between moves. Now I am going to just sell it so I can get something bigger :D

The tank can be EASILY drilled, the bottom is PVC and plywood, no threat of the bottom cracking this way. I would bet Fluid Designers could put a overflow in for you at a great price!

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
225 Gallon Deep Sea Aquatics Aquarium, Stand, Canopy Auction

Not sure why that happened