225 Gallon Deep Sea Aquatics Aquarium, Stand, Canopy Auction

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
What a sweet deal! Wish I had the space for it. I would be bidding for sure! GLWS

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The bigger question is why would Doug bid $5 over $755 basically alienating anyone who might have been in the price range of $550 and $750, giving them a chance to win the auction?

Last edited by a moderator:

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Yeah but bidding just to make someone pay more is pathetic. He is willing to pay up to 755 for it and being open and honest. But is that a reason to just bid it up to screw over a club members honesty?

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
That makes no sense. I'm saying that bidding with no intention to buy but to just make someone pay more takes some stones.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
LeviK;323436 said:
Agree completely!
And the tank is worth more than $755, its a matter of ethical or moral responsibility IMO. I could have bid and still can 754 just because, doesn't make it ethically or morally responsible.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
LeviK;323432 said:
How would me bidding screw you out of possibly $200?
OK lets look at this scenario. It can go one of 2 ways.

If you would have bid anywhere between $551 and $750 it would have been a pointless bid because you wouldn't have won anyways.

If you would have bid $756 then you would have had the highest bid and his unorthodox bid would be invalid.

However, if no one outbid him because it was out of their price range, his bid would have potentially screwed me out of up to $200, what if someones bid threshold was $749?

I asked Gabe to make the bid to prove a point, its bids like this that are obviously going to cause problems.

I need a legit bid.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
If someone's bid threshold they can post saying they were going to bid 725 max and glws but guess honesty is a tough thing to ask for.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
LeviK;323439 said:
If someone's bid threshold they can post saying they were going to bid 725 max and glws but guess honesty is a tough thing to ask for.
I don't understand what you are saying? Who is being dishonest?

What if Doug set his bid to no more than $5 over $5,000? He would have effectively won himself the whole system for $555 because anyone who would have bid against him would have been seen as, like you say "Yeah but bidding just to make someone pay more is pathetic".