29 gallon various clown fish tank build!!

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so here is a new project that i started a few days ago. I picked up a 29 gallon set-up from MT_reefer on Easter day. I had the water cycling for a few days now in a large rubbermaid tub that i will use as a frag tank in the future... But yesterday i cleaned the tank up and now i have it filled with sand and the water that has been cycling for a bit now. A few minor plumbing parts later it's up and running! Now waiting for the water to clear up and then ill add some rock. I was going to go with live rock but i'm just going to pull some rock out of my 120 gallon, and throw a few peice in from there and use regular rock for the rest of the rock. I dont really want to use as much rock as i have in the past, as i want this tank to "flow" if you will...

I will be stocking it with some or all of the following:

Fish:
Picasso clowns
Snowflake clowns
Snowcasso clown
and maybe some Wyoming clowns

Annemones:
RBTA or two
GBTA or two
and maybe a Sunburst nem

Coral:
Possibly a few colonies of bright acans, but still in the air on these...

Clean-up crew:
15-20 hermits
Various snails
maybe a star fish or two

Maybe a Gorgonian (not sure what type just yet)

I know thats a heck of alot in a 29 gallon, and i'll most likely scale that down...

I have a 55 gallon that is cycling as well, and im working on a built into the wall tank or two... (might do a few smaller tanks (55 gallon or so) or might do one large 125+ gallon tank, still undecided...) I might do 2- 55 gallon tanks side by side and have a tunnel connecting the two tanks that i can in the future plug if i wanted to keep the two tanks seperate.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated!