$3 Peppermint shrimp GB From LiveAquaria

Well, looks like I have a bit of an aiptasia problem and I'd rather not spray whole chunks of live rock with various chemicals to solve the problem.

Live Aquaria has $3 peppermints for the BYO cleaner package.
$60 is the minimal order for BYO prices and includes free shipping.(http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=420+1805+1353&pcatid=1353).

Now, I figure at a LFS, they are about $8-$10 each.

If the order is just a peppermint package, that will be 20 peppermints.
- I claim 5
-Royal Gramma Kepper - 3
So 12 peppermints left.

anybody interested? I live in Superior(between boulder and broomfield). Id like to do this next week(week of monday august 8th.)

EDIT: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/build_your_own_kit.cfm?id=1 Other cleaners are available too. Pistol shrimps for $4!

Last edited by a moderator:

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You should get a hold of Trish with Blue Diamond Aquatics, she might be able to get you a killer deal as well. Plus she is her in Colorado.

Awesome, I'lll look her up. It seems like she is in colorado springs which is a bit of a drive for me, but I'll talk to her and see what she can do.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Helix;107245 said:
Awesome, I'lll look her up. It seems like she is in colorado springs which is a bit of a drive for me, but I'll talk to her and see what she can do.
If she gets enough interest she may drive up to D-Town(or wherever superior is lol). Always try local first, especially if they're sponsors lol ;)

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;107328 said:
Not sure many can beat 3 bucks a shrimp!
It's ALWAYS worth it to try and speak to your local people, you never know what they can do for you. Especially when it comes to you spending money with them or spending it on the net.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
xsocali;107341 said:
Check out reeftopia.com they have some sweet deals on peppermints and CUC.I
They do have good prices, but I hate to buy Peppermint shrimp from vendors that don't state the shrimp species.
For example, Live Aquaria shows their peppermints as (Lysmata wurdemanni complex). Trish also states that hers are Lysmata wurdemanni.
reeftopia just calls them peppermint shrimp. Only one species of peppermint shrimp eats aiptasia consistently and that's the wurdemanni.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;107344 said:
It's ALWAYS worth it to try and speak to your local people, you never know what they can do for you. Especially when it comes to you spending money with them or spending it on the net.
Totally agree! Plus shipping is always scary!

Hey guys - Saw the convo and wanted to pipe in ;)

I am in the process of moving to a new place, so am out at the moment - BUT asneiman is right! I am planning on having everything set for a stock replenish in a week or so... I normally have my peps priced at $7.50... and as I probably cant match $3 a pep, I still would be happy to play with numbers and peek at all my suppliers for upcoming sales and see what I could do for you guys as a group buy if you wanted :) Just let me know!

And - as always - I would be happy to meet ppl in Denver for group buys! We'd just pick a time and place around when the order would be coming in lol

Also - I will be getting in/carrying H2O Life frozen foods now too :) I tried it last time I did an order and I really like it.
If anyone wants more info here is the site http://h2olifefoods.com/

I MAY also get some live sand in - since I am setting up an even bigger tank for myself! lol Might open that up to a group buy depending on costs - just waiting to hear back from about it :)

BTW - To those of you who know me - Thankx for pointing me out and thinkin of me guys! lol

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
will live aquaria let you order all peps or do they put a limit on certain things?

dv3;107367 said:
will live aquaria let you order all peps or do they put a limit on certain things?
I didn't see any note or reference to a limit. Well, you actually have to order $60 of BYO cleaners(that includes peppermints) to qualify for the price of $3 peppermints.

Last edited by a moderator: