30g Cube stocklist

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Recently picked up a 30g rimless tank with 29g sump.

I have two fish picked out already, but need advice for a third.

Antennata or Dwarf/Zebra Lionfish along with a Splendid Dottyback.

I have had lionfish in the past and absolutely love them.

The tank is rimless, so I'm looking for a non-jumper, and would prefer lots of color and a aggressive/semi-aggressive temperament.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

A flame angel would work well, colorful and can hold their own in a mixed aquarium. I have some great ones in stock at the warehouse that have gone through 4 week of QT.

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
StoneAquatics;n653141 said:
A flame angel would work well, colorful and can hold their own in a mixed aquarium. I have some great ones in stock at the warehouse that have gone through 4 week of QT.
The websites I reference state that they require a minimum of a 70g tank - are you stating otherwise?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I wouldn't add a flame to a 30g. Maybe a pygmy angel but the lion fish might eat it. I would almost lean towards smaller fish that tend to hide or cling to rocks like gobies or blennies.

I have several smaller flame angels in stock and I have one I keep in a 40 gallon tank and he is very happy. It's all about the size of the fish, I love to put all my fish in large tanks but I have used smaller tanks for fish many times without problems.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lionfish will eat both the dotty and the angel. Sooner or later

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk