3D renderings of my tank

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I started playing with Google Sketchup and created a few to scale 3d models of my tank and fish room as I sort of have it invisioned. Keep in mind these are still just ideas the finish on the tank may change in color and design.

Here is a look I really like and plan on trying to emulate:

Here are my renderings perfectly to scale even the furnature and waal fountain are pretty close:

And a rough up of the fish room still allot of work to do on this one:

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
looks good!

...i like the idea of the fish tank in the fireplace too!....lol

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks. Im also looking at some faux rock paneling options as well. They are made of polyurathane foam so very light weight.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is really sweet... Looking good

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You have water in that tank yet?

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would love to do rock but the biggest problem is because I won't be able to get to the back side I need to make the panels easily removable and I'm just not sold on the fake rock panels yet. I did do some mock ups with rock though and it did look really good.

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Robinson brick has some great thin options for brick and rock.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You are killing me got water in this thing yet, or you still thinking about putting spiders in it ............ hehehehehehe. I am sure it has cob webs in it by now......:)

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Update us man !

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;96400 said:
Update us man !
Sorry been crazy busy. My wife and I never had our wedding cerimony and now its coming up here in July so thats sort of taking priority at the moment. No new updates yet but may have some more sketches soon. I am determined to have the tank in the wall this summer though so there will be some progress in the coming months.