72 bow rebuild

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
Setting it up again! Now that the sump is done I'm getting moving quick. Going to start getting buckets of water going this week.

Going to need sand for the tank an sump. Not sure how much I need for a few inches in a 72 bow and 4-6 inches in my 12x18 in sump. Have about 2inches in the sump already. Pulled the crushed coral out of the tank cuz I wasn't a fan.

Here's today's work.

Rocks aren't done yet. Have to pull a few out of the little tank that's going to just be a QT.

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
Going with 1.5 - 2.5 inches of sand in the display.

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
How is this sump design working? I'm thinking about doing the same with a 10G sump. Doing it this way will actually add an extra 2" to my refugium. I'm just concerned that the microbubbles might make it back to the display especially if I'm getting 400-600gph of flow through the sump.

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
othercents;87485 said:
How is this sump design working? I'm thinking about doing the same with a 10G sump. Doing it this way will actually add an extra 2" to my refugium. I'm just concerned that the microbubbles might make it back to the display especially if I'm getting 400-600gph of flow through the sump.
I got a LOT of bubbles in the drain chamber and I am not using a filter sock. I get none back up top. Unless my pump sponge is dirty. :D the design is so simple but so far it's great and I have found no issues with it. Thanks wicked!

The design gave me a very long fuge chamber and I love that. Bubbles all float up and sit right at the drop off mist don't even make it to the baffle because the chamber is so long.