90 galllon FOWLR build

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
well since i am not going to be moving to FT Collins for a bit unfortunately i decided to set up another tank. i know i know but what can i say im addicted.

i purchased OffTheDeepEnds 90 gallon RR that i plan to make a fish only tank with. my plan was to put a 55 gallon tank under it for the sump but the stand was just a little small so i found a nice 5 ft stand and canopy to use.

under the stand i have a lot of room to work with

i like the rock wall on my nano so much i started building one for the 90

i started by using egg create and cut it down to fit the tank and cover the overflow

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
because i have a tendency to make messes i had my helper cut a couple trash bags and tapped them to my work area floor

here are the products i used

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
my plan was to use magnets to hold the rock wall into place but the magnets i purchased were not strong enough so i am looking for other options on holding the wall in place but i laid the left side and overflow area out and began using the foam.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
i started with dry rock and used a hammer to crush it up into more manageable pieces
before hammer

after hammer

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
i then continued to apply foam to the right side of the egg create forgot to take pictures of the process but once it was dried minus the fact i ran out of foam on the last part and the local store was closed at that time. this morning i did a tester to see how it was going to look

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sweet!!! Looking good...

Ryan@FRA

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
I love the rock wall. great job. wish i had saw this before i had my tank set up.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
i finished the sump over the weekend

added lights and supports inside the canopy the over hanging area highligted in red will be cabinets on each side to enclose the tank