90 gallon upgrade build

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a 75 gallon rr tank with a fluid designers sump. I picked up a stand from another memeber that i think was to a 90 gallon. I was gonna just paint stand and put my 75 on it. But yesterday a saw a 90 gallon rr tank on cl for 100 but i asked guy if he would trade. So i traded him a hammer and acan for the tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Today we started sanding the stand. I am gonna paint it black and i want to paint the inside with something just dont know what yet. Also need to replace the broken hinges. Gonna clean tank this weekend also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Do the inside white. I'd spray the whole thing with the black and get some exterior grade white and brush a couple coats. Nice and clean and bright while working in the sump.

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah thats a good idea i was thinking of doing the deckover paint they sell now maybe more durable?

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
What return are you using? I can not imagine needing much more with a 90 than a 75... I'd probably keep what you have.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
When I was younger I worked maintenance in a mobile home park. If you are going to put a large tank in a trailer home you may want to add some additional support in the crawl space. I've seen people pull it off without, but I have also seen it go terribly wrong!

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReeferMatt;356872 said:
When I was younger I worked maintenance in a mobile home park. If you are going to put a large tank in a trailer home you may want to add some additional support in the crawl space. I've seen people pull it off without, but I have also seen it go terribly wrong!
Yeah i have thought about it my 75 has been level without any issues i set it up to be across the beams. Also the insulation is still intact under my house

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks like it's coming along nicely!

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I tried getting most stuff done this weekend. But i did get stand painted need to get new hinges for the doors.