Where to find overflow kits if you have tank drilled

skebo

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have aquired a tank and am considering having it drilled to be reef ready.
However I can' find the overflow pieces either for a corner or the center.
Where do you find these or recommondations?

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
If you are going to have it drilled or drill yourself i’d recommend getting a reef synergy ghost or the like. They take almost no space in the tank, run very quiet. You’d drill the back of the tank rather than the bottom. Many, if not all, manufacturers temper the bottoms of the tanks so doing a traditional overflow may not even be an option if the tank is ‘t Already drilled.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I ordered my overflow from Amazon, the brand name is CPR Aquatics. As Mike mentioned above, you would drill the back of the tank, not the bottom. Then just silicone in place. I couldn't find it on Amazon anymore but Bulk Reef Supply has them: HERE. They have different sizes and work very well with the "Bean Animal" style overflow. The Reef Synergy ones look a lot better because they take up much less space in tank, they do cost a little more but I'd say it is worth it in the long run. If I could do it over again I would take the more slim style in a heartbeat!

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I second glassholes. They don’t break the bank and kits run very well.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I got a Reef Synergy one it comes with all of the equipment to set it up as a bean animal on the outside which are virtually silent. I have two Glass Holes and while I hey are cheaper they are loud and can be a challenge to get quiet.