AI Puck ID/Puck Driver

McFish

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
So this morning, it seemed like a good idea to poor some water on one of my AI VEGAS. As some of you may know, being a noob is usually one of the Sunday morning activities that I love most.

Luckily I have a basically new VEGA on standby that is missing solder on the main board somewhere that I can swap with the other (I think)

But, after further examination the power puck drivers are named differently and the pucks are different.

Anyone know the difference?

Drivers:
Wet one: C2D-2012-AI Power Puck Driver R1

Not Wet One: C2D - 2012 - AI Power Puck Driver R1.01

Pucks in Order as shown in picture:
1. Dry One
2. Wet One
3. eBay Ones (too small - maybe for AI Sol?

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
More than likely they should be able to swap. The R1.01 is just a circuitboard revision. They probably made some minor adjustments to decrease cost or reduce warranty claims.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

McFish

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
More than likely they should be able to swap. The R1.01 is just a circuitboard revision. They probably made some minor adjustments to decrease cost or reduce warranty claims.

Awesome. The lights all back together and working! And I guess I technically just “upgraded” then!

I also noticed the pucks from the wet one were clear, and the dry one had a white “film” on it so you couldn’t see through.

My guess is to help with dispersion?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You mean the lenses? The dry one and wet one are different lens angle. The dry is a narrower angle and the wet is a wider angle.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Awesome. The lights all back together and working! And I guess I technically just “upgraded” then!

I also noticed the pucks from the wet one were clear, and the dry one had a white “film” on it so you couldn’t see through.

My guess is to help with dispersion?

Yep the different lenses let you choose how you want the light to penetrate the water. The wider the lens the more the light will be spread across the top but wont penetrate very far through the water. The narrower angle lens focus the light to a narrower beam and thus gives the light more depth penetration.