1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Algae Clips for large tanks

Discussion in 'Lighting and Equipment' started by MuralReef, Aug 15, 2018.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I am looking for a solution that I have been unable to figure out on my own. I feed nori during the week and none of the clips meet my needs for the thickness of glass on my tanks. I don't like the suction cup style as it involves sticking my arm in daily and my 2 little fishies magnetic clip isn't strong enough. What do you big tank guys do to solve this?

2. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

3. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I have the 2 little fishies one as well, but the magnet is the outer piece I think....what would happen if you just replaced that with a stronger magnet? Did you place your magnet order yet??

Haddonisreef and MuralReef like this.
  4. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

That’s what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

5. MuralReef

6. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

it's not strong enough though? Not sure why you wouldn't want to continue to use it if so. My tang doesn't get whats in the ribs but its so little left I don't mind. Even then when I add more I scrape the old stuff and put it in a spot where the tang can get it. If you find something better let me know though as I am always open to a better solution.

7. ReefCheif

ReefCheif Shark Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

Made my own with 2 smaller Tunze magnets and a suction cup style veggie clip. Pulled the suction cup off the clip, glued clip to magnet and VIOLA!

Dr.DiSilicate and Cherub like this.
  8. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Fishing string weight I attach to my power head magnet just flip it over and in then pull it out.

9. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Super glue the clip onto a mag float or other magnetic algae cleaner. I usually super glue the suction cup on so that the clip can spin.

10. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Here is what the magnet in TLF stuff looks like after a while. ...no issues from this, but I took it out as soon as I noticed:

[​IMG]

Cherub likes this.