Alk issue...Very low

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So projectx (Lance) came over today with a brand new Hanna Alk thingy and tested my alk. Which at the time I was certien it was okay as I have had the largest coralline out break ever. His hanna tester should I was at 97PPM which is 5.4 dKh. I dose a little but not much. I have no SPS cept for a small orange monti. What gives do you think and what is the best way to bring it up safely? My tank is a BC29 with some LPS and some zoas, along with the small monti frag.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I tested my tank with the Hanna when I got home and it was a 9.9Dkh. which is close to what I was getting with the count the drop tests lol. So we used it right. Just eliminating that us as a possble error lol

Yeah, my alk was low too. Just use one of the diy 2 part solutions (only use one part obviously), and use the www.bulkreefsupply.com to calculate how much you need to add to raise it, and then do that over a week or two, then test again.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
dunno how much to dose as I dunno how big your system is, but I would use baking soda.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
My tank is a 29 gallon Bio cube. I ran out of the nano code b and have only been using the code A. At this time I only use the code A about once a week as I my calcium, ph and magnesium have been right on.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh great site!!! Thanks a ton!