Amendment 64 passed!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Wont take affect in legislation until July though.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;203929 said:
Wont take affect in legislation until July though.
From what I've read, once its made official its passed it'll be legal to smoke but will not be available for months.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Nope, illegal until Governor Hickenlooper signs it in. Law wont change until its written in and signed. And still against Federal law. A step in the right direction none the less. Luckily im legal under amendment 20 already.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;203932 said:
Nope, illegal until Governor Hickenlooper signs it in. Law wont change until its written in and signed. And still against Federal law. A step in the right direction none the less. Luckily im legal under amendment 20 already.
Guess I need to research more.

hickenlloper has to sign it no way no veto no nada and with romey silenced obama will tell them to start rewriting the law or to "ignore colorado" i think its smart the cartels just took a huge hit thier cash crop is no more here and we get new schools and shiny new police carsand a bunch od cops can now focus on a new thing called catching real drug dealers :)

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just a. FYI at my work we had a meeting the other day and even thought this passed if a random drug test shows signs of it our work instructed us that the person will still be terminated. Federal law trumps state so it's still illegal to consume. Just thought I would give a heads up

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I saw Colorado is an "at-will state" so it wouldnt matter if its legal or not... if they want to fire you, they will whether you passed a test or not...

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
A step in the right direction none the less

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Craigar;203958 said:
Just a. FYI at my work we had a meeting the other day and even thought this passed if a random drug test shows signs of it our work instructed us that the person will still be terminated. Federal law trumps state so it's still illegal to consume. Just thought I would give a heads up
Yep, that's why I voted against... I still can't smoke it... Federal DOT

reefkoi

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
its a step, I mean the constitution isnt going to be ammended overnight, it takes many states showing we want it and then the feds should omit that silly thing out :)

ReefCheif;203932 said:
I was under the impression the Governor's signature was only needed if the amendment was proposed and passed by congress. Since this is a ballot initiative that the people vote, the Governor nor State Representatives can veto it.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
bigfoot610;203938 said:
hickenlloper has to sign it no way no veto no nada and with romey silenced obama will tell them to start rewriting the law or to "ignore colorado" i think its smart the cartels just took a huge hit thier cash crop is no more here and we get new schools and shiny new police carsand a bunch od cops can now focus on a new thing called catching real drug dealers :)
Ridiculous...sad.

Craigar;203958 said:
Yup

Smiley;203964 said:
I saw Colorado is an "at-will state" so it wouldnt matter if its legal or not... if they want to fire you, they will whether you passed a test or not...
Yes, we are technically an "at-will" state...however, the majority of people "fired" are with cause and if not it would open a door for litigation. "At-will" isn't really that simple. Violating a drug free policy however is an easy show-cause.