Amendment 64 passed!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
No when growing marijuana. This is done outdoors, usually in mountain areas where they can grow huge cash crops.

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's called a "guerilla grow"... If its more than 6 plants. I know people living out in humboldt county that stay out there Protecting there crops for 6-7 months at a time.

djkms;204317 said:
Man, there sure is a lot of speculation in this thread! Nobody knows how the deregulation is going to play out, we are the first state to legalize it. We cant go off of what other countries experiences are, sure there might be similarities in the future but we just dont know.

For those saying there is going to be a influx of stoned drivers; no there is not. People who enjoy Marijuana have been enjoying it before A64 passed. Those who drove on MJ have been doing so before A64. Sure there might be new users now but its not like there is going to be this huge drastic change in people in Colorado. For the most part we will still go along our business without much change.

For the Idiocy about MJ ruining peoples lives. WAKE UP! MJ has not ruined anyone's life. If someone who uses MJ's life has been ruined, their issues go deeper than smoking weed. Its not the pot that ruined their life. (this is not in regards to the accident about the little girl posted earlier)

For those who say it will be easier accessible for the kids, WAKE UP. It is just as easy, if not easier for a child to get MJ then it is alcohol. It is up to YOU the parent to educate your child on what YOU feel is right and wrong.

For the whole cartel thing, WAKE UP. First of all 2 states legalizing weed will not impact cartels. If anything the multitude of states legalizing for medicinal use are having a bigger impact. Not only that but here is a little weeducation for you; Cartels don't grow "kind buds" The crap they grow is "wild" grown (shwag) which has little value in todays market. Kind buds are not typically grown outdoors (cartels method). "Kind" buds are grown indoors (typically) under very strict and controlled environments. The MJ that dispensaries sells is "kind" only. Again, "wild" grown outdoor MJ has little value anymore (except maybe states that do not have MMJ laws in effect).

I hate to break it to you folks who are so dead set against MJ but its not that boogeyman drug that 6th grade health education class engrained into your head. A lot of humans need a crutch and in the eyes of many, MJ is a much safer alternative to alcohol, hence, probably why A64 passed.

For the time being, weed it here to stay and the people have spoken. If you don't like the direction Colorado has headed, there is 48 states to live in which it is still illegal.
+1

sent from my HTC evo 4G

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;204329 said:
No when growing marijuana. This is done outdoors, usually in mountain areas where they can grow huge cash crops.
reefmaster719;204337 said:
It's called a "guerilla grow"... If its more than 6 plants. I know people living out in humboldt county that stay out there Protecting there crops for 6-7 months at a time.
I'm talking about the Tijuana area, these places are underground

Swanny;204308 said:
I normally don't wade into these types of waters but if you think this is a huge "blow" to cartels you have smoked way too much in your life my friend.
Actually a top mexican intelligence official stated yesterday that the legalization in Oregon and Colorado will take the cartels income from 6 billion to 4.6 billion ohhh 1.4 billion its just a little tiny one me thinks and the mexicans dont lie just like they say they are missing 20+ million people and we put that number at 11 lol :p

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;204323 said:
I'd like to weigh in, have you seen the cartels operations? Most are indoors and very well controlled. At least from my experience.
that's where you get all your coral loot?!!

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;204317 said:
Man, there sure is a lot of speculation in this thread! Nobody knows how the deregulation is going to play out, we are the first state to legalize it. We cant go off of what other countries experiences are, sure there might be similarities in the future but we just dont know.

For those saying there is going to be a influx of stoned drivers; no there is not. People who enjoy Marijuana have been enjoying it before A64 passed. Those who drove on MJ have been doing so before A64. Sure there might be new users now but its not like there is going to be this huge drastic change in people in Colorado. For the most part we will still go along our business without much change.

For the Idiocy about MJ ruining peoples lives. WAKE UP! MJ has not ruined anyone's life. If someone who uses MJ's life has been ruined, their issues go deeper than smoking weed. Its not the pot that ruined their life. (this is not in regards to the accident about the little girl posted earlier)

For those who say it will be easier accessible for the kids, WAKE UP. It is just as easy, if not easier for a child to get MJ then it is alcohol. It is up to YOU the parent to educate your child on what YOU feel is right and wrong.

For the whole cartel thing, WAKE UP. First of all 2 states legalizing weed will not impact cartels. If anything the multitude of states legalizing for medicinal use are having a bigger impact. Not only that but here is a little weeducation for you; Cartels don't grow "kind buds" The crap they grow is "wild" grown (shwag) which has little value in todays market. Kind buds are not typically grown outdoors (cartels method). "Kind" buds are grown indoors (typically) under very strict and controlled environments. The MJ that dispensaries sells is "kind" only. Again, "wild" grown outdoor MJ has little value anymore (except maybe states that do not have MMJ laws in effect).

I hate to break it to you folks who are so dead set against MJ but its not that boogeyman drug that 6th grade health education class engrained into your head. A lot of humans need a crutch and in the eyes of many, MJ is a much safer alternative to alcohol, hence, probably why A64 passed.

For the time being, weed it here to stay and the people have spoken. If you don't like the direction Colorado has headed, there is 48 states to live in which it is still illegal.
Obviously you have been around a select few that use pot. I guess when some one is high and crash and kill someone it doesn't affect anyone. Or someone that needs drug money and robs someone or breaks in to someone's house while kids are home it doesn't affect anyone. I can tell you that you need to wake up.
Why don't you tell me about the parents that drive with their kids to the drug house to get drugs and forget about their kids in the car. You can't possibly think that pot hasn't ruined someone or someone else's life. How about all these stellar parents that get high around their children.

I can't comment on the rest of your post because I'm tired of typing on my phone

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I will take what you said statement by statement.

deboy69;204420 said:
Obviously you have been around a select few that use pot.
Yes, I have been around people of all walks of life. From rich to poor, from ultra conservative to ultra liberal, from drug users to sober people who have never touched drugs.

deboy69;204420 said:
I guess when some one is high and crash and kill someone it doesn't affect anyone.
Of course it does. Your missing my point. There will be people making stupid decisions no matter if they are sober or high. Is the high person any more dangerous then the teenager who just got their license and is facebooking in traffic? Does this mean we should ban children from having cell phones or ban children from driving?

deboy69;204420 said:
Or someone that needs drug money and robs someone or breaks in to someone's house while kids are home it doesn't affect anyone.
Ahh I love sensationalism. Do you really think there is a issue of people robbing people to get money to smoke marijuana? Am I saying it doesn't happen, no I'm sure it does, I just dont believe its to a extent that criminals rob for other reasons. Mainly because they are criminals.

deboy69;204420 said:
I can tell you that you need to wake up.
Wide awake here. Look there are bad apples in every bunch. There are going to be people who abuse any situation given to them. But the fact is, the majority who consume and approve of the consumption are good people, who work normal jobs, live normal lives and are productive members of society.

deboy69;204420 said:
Why don't you tell me about the parents that drive with their kids to the drug house to get drugs and forget about their kids in the car.
Where are you getting this info from? Your throwing wild accusations out there without anything to back it up. I'm sure at some point some parents have went to a drug house and left their kids outside, does it mean its a normal practice like you seem to be proclaiming?

deboy69;204420 said:
You can't possibly think that pot hasn't ruined someone or someone else's life.
I cant sit here and say with 100% that pot has not ruined someones life but your using it as a scapegoat. There is something going in with this person deeper than he/she smokes pot and make stupid decisions, unless they are just a plain stupid human and we all know there are some of those around.

deboy69;204420 said:
How about all these stellar parents that get high around their children.
How about all those parents who drink around their kids, what about all those parents who take prescription drugs around there kids, what about the parents who sit on the couch and play video games all day long, what about the kids who are fed sugar all day long and have happy meals stuffed down their throats, what about the parents who fight in front of their children?

It is up to US to educate our children and teach them the values that are important to us. Just because your values are not the same as mine, does that make you or me any more right? This is the beauty of America, we the people decide and like I said before, if your values don't coincide with a area, city or state you have a choice to go somewhere else where others share the same values as you.

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy69;204420 said:
Obviously you have been around a select few that use pot. I guess when some one is high and crash and kill someone it doesn't affect anyone. Or someone that needs drug money and robs someone or breaks in to someone's house while kids are home it doesn't affect anyone. I can tell you that you need to wake up.
Why don't you tell me about the parents that drive with their kids to the drug house to get drugs and forget about their kids in the car. You can't possibly think that pot hasn't ruined someone or someone else's life. How about all these stellar parents that get high around their children.

I can't comment on the rest of your post because I'm tired of typing on my phone
+1. Dude makes no sense and makes no point to what MJ makes you do....:what:

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Its all good till the Feds cut all federal monies to the state.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;204440 said:
Its all good till the Feds cut all federal monies to the state.
The Federal Government definitely has a issue on their plate now. However I think its human nature to talk about worst case scenario like its going to happen.

From a ethical and moral standpoint though Chris, they are not going to do anything that would cripple our economy worse here or put Americans in harms way. What monies does the federal government give our state and how much each year? I would be interested to see the figure :)

they have to think it thru if they just all drop the hammer and and certain politicians act dumbly they wont get re elected in 2-4 years and they dont want to damage their parties image so i think they will take a very back seat approach and do more studying and less enforcing

ColoradoReef

Platinum Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor
djkms;204442 said:
The Federal Government definitely has a issue on their plate now. However I think its human nature to talk about worst case scenario like its going to happen.

From a ethical and moral standpoint though Chris, they are not going to do anything that would cripple our economy worse here or put Americans in harms way. What monies does the federal government give our state and how much each year? I would be interested to see the figure :)
They give millions every year just in construction projects. I don't think pot sales in Colorado will effect anything like that anyway. But federal funding is huge especially now. I myself have contracted a couple million in federally funded construction project this year alone. That is only the concrete portion of the projects.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Federal Funding runs very very deep. I work in Federal subsadized housing and anyone caught with drugs, including MJ looses funding and supposedly can not get it again. Most people do not see the federal funds that go to anyone state and not directly to the state but other programs as well.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Even with their "Red Card"