Amendment 64 passed!

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;204432 said:
I will take what you said statement by statement.

Yes, I have been around people of all walks of life. From rich to poor, from ultra conservative to ultra liberal, from drug users to sober people who have never touched drugs.

Of course it does. Your missing my point. There will be people making stupid decisions no matter if they are sober or high. Is the high person any more dangerous then the teenager who just got their license and is facebooking in traffic? Does this mean we should ban children from having cell phones or ban children from driving?

Ahh I love sensationalism. Do you really think there is a issue of people robbing people to get money to smoke marijuana? Am I saying it doesn't happen, no I'm sure it does, I just dont believe its to a extent that criminals rob for other reasons. Mainly because they are criminals.

Wide awake here. Look there are bad apples in every bunch. There are going to be people who abuse any situation given to them. But the fact is, the majority who consume and approve of the consumption are good people, who work normal jobs, live normal lives and are productive members of society.

Where are you getting this info from? Your throwing wild accusations out there without anything to back it up. I'm sure at some point some parents have went to a drug house and left their kids outside, does it mean its a normal practice like you seem to be proclaiming?

I cant sit here and say with 100% that pot has not ruined someones life but your using it as a scapegoat. There is something going in with this person deeper than he/she smokes pot and make stupid decisions, unless they are just a plain stupid human and we all know there are some of those around.

How about all those parents who drink around their kids, what about all those parents who take prescription drugs around there kids, what about the parents who sit on the couch and play video games all day long, what about the kids who are fed sugar all day long and have happy meals stuffed down their throats, what about the parents who fight in front of their children?

It is up to US to educate our children and teach them the values that are important to us. Just because your values are not the same as mine, does that make you or me any more right? This is the beauty of America, we the people decide and like I said before, if your values don't coincide with a area, city or state you have a choice to go somewhere else where others share the same values as you.
I guess you're missing my point of the follow up to your statement. Many things that I have mention I have seen first hand being in public safety. You said that mj doesn't ruin lives and that is what I was questioning. You say you have been around different people but until you see the crap i see and come over to this side of the fence I have a very hard time believeing that. You read and see on tv what peoole are capable of.You don't see what people are capable of doing just for drugs even a little mj . All you see is this "safe" drug. And we can argue about it being a gate way drug and all that other bs. So until you see the devistation that I have seen I don't think you can make statements about it not causing any problems.
And alcohol doesn't have second hand contact like pot does. Im done typing in my phone since I can't quote statements with it. Good luck when you get in an accident with it in your system or fail a ****es test. Let me know how that works out for you. Im done here. Thanks for the good conversation.

it passed we wait see how the show goes down till then we can bicker all we like but that is boring so i recommend we watch and wait and back to reefkeeping/coralpimping/spending way more then we should!

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Those of you that are dead set against the legalization of marijuana seem to think that alcohol is not as bad.
I've seen more evidence that alcohol is FAR worse. If you are dead set against the legalization of pot, then, by
God, you should be even more against the legal use of alcohol. I don't use and haven't used either for years but
I've seen alcoholism and it's light years ahead of marijuana in terms of death and destruction. Personally I think
marijuana smoking is bad for your brain but is it worse than alcohol? Never seen a fight based solely on the direct
effects of smoking pot. I have seen that with alcohol. Which is worse in terms of child abuse? I'd bet it would be
alcohol.

Why don't we just make all drugs including alcohol and pharmaceuticals illegal? Rhetorical question, no need to answer.

Zooid;204484 said:
Why don't we just make all drugs including alcohol and pharmaceuticals illegal? Rhetorical question, no need to answer.
you know what kinda money those things are back by...never happen no matter how many ppl die or how many lifes are ruined.

sent from my HTC evo 4G

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
freedominco;204486 said:
you know what kinda money those things are back by...never happen no matter how many ppl die or how many lifes are ruined./QUOTE]
Exactly....and that's the same reason why marijuana will be shunned federally. Cotton manufacturers had a huge hand in making it illegal in the first place.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy69;204477 said:
I guess you're missing my point of the follow up to your statement. Many things that I have mention I have seen first hand being in public safety. You said that mj doesn't ruin lives and that is what I was questioning. You say you have been around different people but until you see the crap i see and come over to this side of the fence I have a very hard time believeing that. You read and see on tv what peoole are capable of.You don't see what people are capable of doing just for drugs even a little mj . All you see is this "safe" drug. And we can argue about it being a gate way drug and all that other bs. So until you see the devistation that I have seen I don't think you can make statements about it not causing any problems.
And alcohol doesn't have second hand contact like pot does. Im done typing in my phone since I can't quote statements with it. Good luck when you get in an accident with it in your system or fail a ****es test. Let me know how that works out for you. Im done here. Thanks for the good conversation.
Second hand contact?? Do you mean like second hand smoke? You really have no clue do you. You cant get high off of second hand smoke.

You state, good luck if I get pulled over and drug tested. You assume I smoke pot because I voiced a opinion about it. I can assure you there are thousands if not millions of people who are not against marijuana and do not smoke it.

You say you work public safety but fail to acknowledge the fact there are other dangers in this world. Your not keeping this in perspective. Stupid people do stupid things. Whether they are high on marijuana, texting while driving, out drinking at the bars, eating while driving and so on. Your failing to realize that the vast majority of us are responsible and make responsible decisions.

I'm not saying that MJ does not effect peoples lives but this rhetoric that it is destroying peoples lives as if it was a epidemic is silly. Alcohol and cigarettes have been taking lives, destroying families and causing way more problems then MJ ever has and ever will.

Your right though, I guess its time to be done with this, its a very opinionated subject.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am for legalized mj but am not a user. I don't work in public safety but do work in healthcare there is a general train of though that it is bad for you however with cancer patients the benefits outway the risk. What really gets me is when people are blind to the truth. I will post just one study but there are endless ones. My work recently provided us a copy of this one to help educate young men.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...T+(05:00-07:00+EDT)+for+essential+maintenance

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Interesting study... But keep in mind that a positive correlation in an observational case-control study is far from confirming a causal relationship between MJ use and the germ cell tumor incidence. I haven't logged in to my account to see if I'm able to access the entire study, but suffice to say that there are numerous environmental factors that could come into play in a study like this to effect the results.

Yes there are cannabinoid receptors in the testes, but they still haven't figured out what molecular pathway, if any, would cause seminomas in MJ users. It's been established that low sperm quality is a risk factor for testicular cancer...and chronic MJ use CAN contribute to low sperm quality...along with many other environmental factors. Is it a risk? Perhaps...but you can't make the causal link based on that observational study.

Something to consider: that study also reported a reduced risk of developing testicular cancer in cocaine users. Talk about counter-intuitive results. Cocaine use has a very significant and well known effect on fertility in males and sperm quality...yet cocaine users somehow have a reduced risk?

There are other a multitude of contributing factors going on that the linked study did not control for. You know what else is a know risk for testicular cancer? High amounts of galactose intake in your diet: ice cream...cheese...butter...pretty much all your fatty snack foods. Perhaps those THC users ate too many cheetos and bowls of ice cream after toking up.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My point is there is a lot of evidence based research that supports that it is not good for you. I am more inclined to believe major studies that are tested by multiple organizations and verifiable results and published then from someone saying that its not bad from you which has occured a lot on this thread. Yes hot dogs cause cancer pull your head out of the clouds. I was simply providing research instead of hearsay. BTW the study took into account risk factors. I guess the multitude of research stating it causes lung cancer and kills brain cells is not correct either. This is not directed at the poster who actually read the article I linked.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I won't deny that there are deleterious effects of using MJ...but people should have the right to choose...just like they have the right to choose whether or not to drink a 6-pack of beer on a Friday night. There will always be irresponsible people that abuse MJ...abuse (and OD from) alcohol...abuse...(and OD from) pain pills. If people are able to educate themselves and make a decision then I just don't see why MJ should be illegal...especially when there are benefits that outweigh the risks for SOME people, and clearly there are less harmful side effects. I'm not foolish enough to call it harmless though.

To be perfectly honest, I think the MMJ laws were sufficient and things didn't need to change, but I voted in support of the amendment based upon the fact that 1) people should have free choice, 2) I don't care what anybody's opinion on the subject is...from a scientific perspective, alcohol IS more detrimental to one's health than MJ. It just doesn't make sense that one is legal and the other isn't, and 3) more of a civil rights concern, but the enforcement of MJ laws disproportionately effects minority communities. African Americans make up 12% of the population, an estimated 14% of MJ users...but represent over 30% of the arrests made for possession.

This will likely be my last post in this thread, as I already participated in this discussion in April...and really it's pointless because so many people get emotional about their stance.

Fact is...the majority voted and the decision went one way and not the other. If you're seriously concerned about the direction the local government is going, there are plenty states where it is still illegal. I left FL 5 years ago after moving there in grad school because the economy sucked and I didn't agree with the decisions being made in local government concerning the allocation of funds and state tax codes. I was also tired of almost getting T-boned on my motorcycle by old people running red lights all the time. I moved from a conservative state that was driving me mad to a liberal city where I feel at home. Rather than scream and kick that you're about to be surrounded by a bunch of dopey idiots that are going to make the roads unsafe...just saying.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;204558 said:
I heard MJ will make you stare at your tank for hours......
pfft...show me the scientific study to prove that. If the study is halfway decent, I just might take some time out from staring at my tank for hours on end this evening to read it.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I really miss staring at my tank :( My 225 is being shipped as we speak, hopefully I can enjoy it again by the end of next weekend.

Until then, its cheetos and goldfish for this guy...

I KID I KID!!!!