Amquel and corals

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have been a big believer in Amquel plus for a long time. My experiments with it in fresh water always showed that the bound ammonia was consumed faster (in the aquarium) than that with Prime. Now that being said, I had never used it in a reef. Many times on water that I have stored for more than a few days I add low dosages before doing water changes to make sure I didn't nuke my FW fish. Habits die hard, and I added 2 ml per 6 gallons when I did a change on my reef, and my Goniopora, and shrooms are not happy. I had noticed this same reaction when I added amquel before I had added fish several weeks ago, but chalked it up something on my hands. Parameters 30 minutes after my water change are 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 0 Nitrate, and PH 8.0 The last time I did this and 24 hours later my corals were back to normal. which happens to be about the LS of Amquel. Anyone else seen this?

I've used it before in a reef and have never noticed anything negative with my corals. I never had either of those corals when using it though.