anemone disapeard

Laramie

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
So I just put a BTA in my tank last night and now i can't find it. Do they hide, or did I some how kill it in under 8 hours?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
They sometimes like to hide under rocks. I had bought one from reefs2go a while back, it wasnt very healthy and it spent quite a bit of time hiding under a rock. I'd look under the rocks in back corners, he may just hiding and will come out when he feels more comfortable.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
If you killed it you would know, they are very toxic when dead. Nems tend to move around until they find a suitable location. Depending on how big the nem you put in was you may not be able to see it. Very possible its still moving around the stack and is currently somewhere in the rocks where you can see it.

Also, if your lights are more intense than where it came from it may hide for a bit until it adjusts.

I wouldn't be concerned unless your tank gets cloudy or starts to smell horrible, Youll know if the nem has dies, theres no doubt about that!

Laramie

Checked overflow and sump first thing. It was only about 2" when I put it in. Initially it expanded nice and got a good foot hold, just cant locate now, I'll keep looking around. Thanks

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I lost one of mine a while back and couldn't find it for a week or so. Then found it hanging out in the filter sock. It went into an overflow thru all the plumbing and survived. I was pretty amazed! I was lucky that I checked the sock before I tossed it into bleach. I'd agree with others that you'd know if it was dead.

Laramie

Not yet still looking. I have 120W led over a 40 breeder maybe this is a little bright who knows

Laramie

So I got tired of waiting and decided to move some rocks around to look. Found her hiding where there is no light. She looks really healthy but a bit bleached from the lack of light. Hopefully now that I have moved her again she will stay put but only time will tell.

Thanks for all the help

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Glad you found her. She may more around some more as well. Went to Home Depot today as well, give you a call a bit later or maybe tomorrow.