Anemone ID help, possible bubble tip?

mbjnt

Turbo Snail
Hello, I just got a sweet live rock that has nice large zoa colony, sponges and an anemone on it. Added bonus and an crab that made the anemone its home and would not get off. In transportation the anemone jumped ship (crab still on it), which I placed on another rock that it seems to like allot. It's a small little young anemone, I can't find one that looks quite like the ones in any book or online on sale places, but I think it's a bubble tip.

View attachment 24236

Picture of the anemone.

View attachment 24237

Picture of the anemone and fun little crab living in it.

Thank you!

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thats a anemone crab. And it looks like possibly a rose bubble tip anemone would be my guess

mbjnt

Turbo Snail
The anemone crab moved the anemone bit higher up the rock. And now the tips are expanding. It is a rose bubble tip! I just changed my filter on the sump, so once it clears up nicely I will get a good picture. Rock with rose bubble tip, anemone crab, 35 zoas (green on green, really nice ones), and 2 boring sponges (I know its what they are called, but I don't think and sponges are boring), some nice coroline allege, all on a nice size live rock for $55! Love sweet scores!