1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Another zoa ID

Discussion in 'Zoanthid Identification - ZOA IDs' started by mwirth1, Jun 15, 2015.

1. mwirth1

mwirth1 Copepod

I have 2 frags of zoas I bought and I'm not sure what they are. The two frags in question are in the center of the photo.
    Orange mouth with greenish rings. And then the one to the right of it. They are brownish/purple with a thin iridescent blue ring around the mouth.

[​IMG]

2. mwirth1

mwirth1 Copepod

The one resembles Green Bay Packers but lacking nice color. Maybe a mediocre example of it?

3. Shaunv

Shaunv Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

I Gree with green at psckers

4. mwirth1

mwirth1 Copepod

It looks a lot different than the other polyps of Green Bay Packers in my tank. Can the same species look that different? The tentacles/skirt on these are almost double the length

5. Shaunv

I's possible that it morphed depending on lighting and tank parameters. Check out Aviators on zoabrary.com. Could be that?

6. Shaunv

Maybe Laffy Taffy on the purple ones

7. mwirth1

mwirth1 Copepod

I don't think they are Aviators. If anything, I guess they are also Green Bay Packers, or some weird morph. They are growing quick though!