Any HVAC techs out there?

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looking to have my POS Honeywell tru-steam removed and replaced with an aprilaire 800. I can get the aprilaire online for $700. My local guys want $400+ to install it which seems high since they are replacing the existing one.... Let me know.

Adam

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I asked my neighbor who is an HVAC guy and runs his own business. He said "If somebody offered to do it for $400, he should jump all over it", he said he usually takes his total cost to install the system and subtracts the cost of the new equipment at wholesale price. Said he'd be a lot north of $400 to do it. I know nothing about any of it, I just happened to remember your post and saw him standing there so thought I'd get an opinion for you. Good luck!

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
TheRealChrisBrown;340662 said:
I asked my neighbor who is an HVAC guy and runs his own business. He said "If somebody offered to do it for $400, he should jump all over it", he said he usually takes his total cost to install the system and subtracts the cost of the new equipment at wholesale price. Said he'd be a lot north of $400 to do it. I know nothing about any of it, I just happened to remember your post and saw him standing there so thought I'd get an opinion for you. Good luck!
Great info! Thanks for asking

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can I ask why you didn't like the Honeywell? I'm in hvac sales and sell both the Honeywell and Carrier. The Carrier is built by Aprilaire

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
aztecdreams;342192 said:
Can I ask why you didn't like the Honeywell? I'm in hvac sales and sell both the Honeywell and Carrier. The Carrier is built by Aprilaire

Yep. POS. Nothing but issues. Came without any purifier so the hard water messed it up initially. Got the RO for it but then started to get random errors. Finally went to turn it back on this year and it won't fire up at all. Manual won't tell you want the flashing lights mean. Tech came out and said it was out of warranty, parts are hard to get and cost wise I was better off getting a new one. When it worked I loved it. Just not reliable at all.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
For what it is worth, the aprilaire 800 is stellar. It replaced an old pad-style humidifier which was more or less just there for looks in my mechanical room. It keeps the 3468 sqft house well humidified and noticeably more comfortable. No bloody noses, less static, and a happy family. Winner.

Oh and it needs to running on standard tap water. Even better.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
ayaws;343907 said:
For what it is worth, the aprilaire 800 is stellar. It replaced an old pad-style humidifier which was more or less just there for looks in my mechanical room. It keeps the 3468 sqft house well humidified and noticeably more comfortable. No bloody noses, less static, and a happy family. Winner.

Oh and it needs to running on standard tap water. Even better.
Thanks! I had heard good things as well, just gave to buy one I guess.

If you are still looking to have this done, I have 8 HVAC techs that work for me. Several of them do side jobs and I am sure that one of them would be willing to do the work for you. PM me if you need a tech.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you have any that work down South - Parker, PM me, just need a simple tune up on a 3 year old system - Trane.