Any local stores who stock Tropic Eden Reefflakes?

HBL

Cleaner Shrimp
Interested as well. Tagging along. From what i read, PremiumAquatics is the only distributor for Tropic Eden. Will get some more sand if I can find some local vendors who stocked it

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
No tank needs so much flow that it will disturb the sand too much. Intially, sure... but once the sand gets a nice coating of bacteria it should stay in place. There are plenty of ways to create flow without blowing your sandbed all around.

FWIW - the boxed stuff from marco rocks is pretty decent. It has a mixed size and you can sift the smaller to the bottom. I DO NOT recommend their rocks, but the aragonite sand is an effective and well-priced option IMO.

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;n664290 said:
No tank needs so much flow that it will disturb the sand too much. Intially, sure... but once the sand gets a nice coating of bacteria it should stay in place. There are plenty of ways to create flow without blowing your sandbed all around.

FWIW - the boxed stuff from marco rocks is pretty decent. It has a mixed size and you can sift the smaller to the bottom. I DO NOT recommend their rocks, but the aragonite sand is an effective and well-priced option IMO.
Completely 100% disagree. Some people, like myself prefer to keep "high energy" reeftanks and tropic eden reef flakes are the way to go if you plan on using sand. Some people just go bare bottom

To answer the question, no local stores carry them. Premium Aquatics