Anyone cut the cable/satellite cord?

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What services are you running? Roku, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, over the air HD or???

Happy with the solution?

ailachami

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

xbmc. pretty much any of those can be jail broken to use xbmc. I have it in my fire tv and android tv box. Google on how to install third party apps on those.

Last edited by a moderator:

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wish I could cut the cable, but I cant even get my wife to give up the home phone, when the only people that ever call on it are asking for donations (not that donating is bad)

My dad gave us the login for his Netflix, which my daughter can run like a bandit and she is 5. We've gotten a lot of use out of that.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Netflix and then switched to Amazon prime due to their taking over downtown abbey and Shaun the sheep.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use Amazon Prime, and Netflix. Hulu I use sporadically 2-3 months a year if there's something I want to watch, but that's rare. Total cost for me is under $20 a month. I use an HD antenna for over-the-air broadcasts...which is usually only around the time of NFL playoffs

Been doing this the past 5+ years and will never pay for cable again.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Which ant you guys use indoor or out? I saw good reviews on the amazon 50 mile unit.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 to XBMC / Kodi, but I do pay a hefty fee for the 100mb download speed to Comcast. Wish there was another way, just cant seem to get enough speed from the other providers to keep up with 5 people that can't agree on what to watch :)

ailachami

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

have you looked at fiber optic on century link? I wish they have it in Aurora. I'm on their 40mb for $30 a month.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
We use Netflix and Roku down here. Roku only rarely, because the interwebs down here is spotty enough that it doesn't work a lot of the time. Netflix never seems to have an issue, and we use that a lot.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya I have a google TV and we use netflix and sometimes hulu. Although hulu doesnt work on that tv, which is a pain so we always have to route it another way to get it on there or watch from another device, but netflix works great

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Should get chromecast if you can, and just send your PC signal to the TV to watch Hulu :)

still a bit of a pain...but slightly less-so.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
ya I been using my Wii to get hulu on the tv, but most of the time I just watch on my pc or ipad. I only watch hulu though cause they have more anime then most and I'm a huge anime fan, but if they didnt have that I wouldnt bother with them at all and just stick to amazon prime or netflix

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy69;346095 said:
If you have an Xbox one you can download the nfl app and buy the Sunday ticket

Hmm, who do you buy thru, Directv still?

I've managed to get Sunday Ticket free the last 8 years. But like the XB1 option...

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;346110 said:
ya I been using my Wii to get hulu on the tv, but most of the time I just watch on my pc or ipad. I only watch hulu though cause they have more anime then most and I'm a huge anime fan, but if they didnt have that I wouldnt bother with them at all and just stick to amazon prime or netflix
In that case, check out www.kissanime.com I think you might not need Hulu anymore.

I used to keep Hulu year-round for that same reason...but that website allows you to stream a pretty complete library for free.