1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Anyone do planted tanks? Looking for java moss.

Discussion in 'Off-topic For Sale, Trade or Want to Buy' started by Maddlesrain, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain Registered Users

None of the lfs in my area have had java moss so far. If you have any available let me know!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Try FishDen. They have always had a good assortment of FreshWater plants including Java moss

Maddlesrain likes this.
  3. Fourthwind

Fourthwind Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I have java moss.. $5 for a handful. In Thornton

Maddlesrain likes this.
  4. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

I always have some and since you’re a student I’d just give it to you. If you’re heading to ReefEd I could bring it there, but otherwise I’m in Aurora.

Maddlesrain likes this.
  5. Maddlesrain

That would be really awesome. I was hoping to get to ReefEd, but I have work so it’ll depend on how that pans out (I dog walk). I can shoot you a PM later this week when I’ve figured out my schedule.

6. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

Try to let me know tomorrow since it’s at school. If not I can just throw it in a tank at home. Want any crypts too?

7. Maddlesrain

Sure, I’ll take a piece as long as it’ll be ok in a lower light tank!:)

8. MuralReef

That’s where they grow best. I’ve got red and green. Same type though. [​IMG]

9. Maddlesrain

Sweet! I haven’t dabbled much in plants, so the lower the maintenance the better. I’m happy with whichever needs thinned out. Will the green turn red with time and vice versa?

10. MuralReef

No they will stay the same color.

Maddlesrain likes this.
  11. Maddlesrain

Gotcha! Sent a pm.