Anyone ever dealt with clownfish disease?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If one has ich, they all have ich. You will need to treat every fish and keep the tank fallow for 8 weeks. From the pic, it appears the clowns also have ich and not velvet. Fortunately, this means that you can do a hyposalinity treatment instead of copper, which is less damaging to the fish.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The coloring is odd on the male for ich, but theres a very good chance that is what it is since the tang has white spots and the female looks like she has ich. If you are unsure whether it is ich or something else, you can play it safe and treat it like velvet. That treatment will be sucessful for any parasite.

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
and yes that does look like ich not brook or velvet brrok and velvet look almost identical the whole fish will have a white fuzzy sheen to it on velvet it will seal the gills shut also so there is a way to tell brook from velvet although I don't know this for sure

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It looks like common ich. If it is ich, then the worst thing that you can do is something fast. Keep 'em well fed with garlic soaked pellets and it might take care if it's self... or mysis. Do you have any New Life Spectrum pellets? I would not waste a feeding opportunity on anything other than those two things.

If you don't have a QT that 100% ready, then rushing anything into one is almost certain death.

I'm going with jda123 on this one, I don't want to rush into anything and stress them out even more. Lost a yellow tang this morning - not sure where my other tang is. I'm letting the clowns hang out tonight while I set up my QT. Right now all I have is a spare mp10, Kessil 150 and a 40 breeder. Will this suffice for a QT? View attachment 22091

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You will also need a filter. A cheap hob or filter sponge will suffice.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Any updates?