Anyone ever seen this happen on a Tongue?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Not sure whats going on with my tongue, but looks like the outer skin is tearing. A rock did fall on it last week but this just started to show up. Any thoughts?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
No one? Not any of you long time reefer heads? No vendors, not Aaron, no one?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ya wondering if I need to take it out and cut my losses before it gets worse and does something to the tank chemistry. Needless to.say I'm not real.happy

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've never had one so I'm not sure when my plate got real bad I put it in the sump and it came back

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
that blows chad, i would get it protected from the crabs and shrimp though, they will continue to pick at the dead flesh and continue making the problem worse.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
dont take it out, if it keeps receading just pull the flesh bits out as they fall off, but plates are notorious for dying and then popping a bunch of babies out of the skeleton.

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
It Sux that is happening, but these last two posts are correct.

This type of coral is known to spit out babies as far as months after you think it's done and gone. It may recover, it may partly recover AND spit babies out the dead side. All you can do is maintain a healthy tank until one or the other, or neither occur/s.

Good luck!

P.S. Post back whatever happens, and I want a baby if they come out!:cool:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Took the advice and left the tongue alone. Starting to look much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Yes it does thanks for the advice to leave it alone man :p

Last edited by a moderator: