Anyone want a real reef tank? Chance of a lifetime?

crisc

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
It is with great sadness that my friend has to sell his reef aquarium and move. But, if anyone out there wants to get the deal of a lifetime and get a huge reef aquarium with top notch supplies here is your chance. He will not be parting out and trying to find a buyer for the whole system. I don't know how many hours I have sat looking at this tank in wonder. If you have anyone that might be interested by chance, please let me know so I can contact them and let them know some more information about the system and livestock. I will pay you a small commission for leading me to the right person if the sale is finalized.

Here is Jake's video from reefbuilders and youtube:

[video=youtube;sncfi4hgnM0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sncfi4hgnM0[/video]

Cris

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow that is beautiful, please keep me in mind cris if he has to part out as i would be interested in multiple items. I hope he is able to find a suitable home for the system though.... glws

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Never mind I just watched the video. What a shame, truly one of the best tanks and most inspiring. Hope Steve does better. Is he getting rid of the other one also?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chris why dont you buy it? charge people 5$ a ticket to see it haha

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Holy crap, that's an amazing tank. Can't imagine what it'll take to movethat whole thing. Even in pieces it would be a week long process.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dbarnes;184293 said:
Steve hurlock according to the video

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
WOW, Hurlock is having to move!? That's a blow to our community :(, we were hoping to plan a meeting there sometime in the future too

reefkoi

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Man thats rough to hear, Steve is a hell of a guy and his tank has inspired all of us that have seen it in person. I hope it goes to a good home, $13K is a steal for sure.

C

crisc

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Steve is moving from their house in order to downsize, anyone that has been there knows how big the house is and the location has some special considerations, snow removal for one! I thought about buying it and moving it to the shop but would have to sell my 460g to make room. My tank is just starting to take off but I am still debating it for sure. We are going to list the 550g glass bowfront as well but need to get this one listed first. I am just helping Steve out with the sale, he is busy trying to get things going and has had some health issues as of late. Big blow to our reefing community for sure.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chris BUY IT and ill help you sell yours haha! Id hate to see this tank torn down.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm sure there would be plenty of us willing to help move everything around for you. That's quite the upgrade though, even for somebody who maintains those size tanks for a living.

crisc

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
We have been thinking about it and appreciate the offer to help. His "frags" are our colony sizes! It isn't as much as the cost of the system but the room it takes to keep it. We have plans to increase our shop's holding space to improve our selection. But, we also want to have mother colonies to frag from and that would be a good chance to get lots of mother colonies here. We have reefs that are bigger than 1150g that we have mother colonies in but only visit them 1-2 times per week. Nice to have the prized stuff in a system that you see everyday.

Moving it is a task for sure, depending on the location we may have to fork it in or have a professional moving company have at it at the least.

I will contact that guy Jcp763, thanks for the link!