AOG or Goochsters

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone know the difference?? I have a AOG that I've had for 2 years. Also I have a frag of goochsters that I just recently bought. They look identical... Are these the same thing with different names? I googled both and both look the same. This is the pic in my tank.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I think they are similar but even in you photos the zoas look slightly different to me. Are the Goochsters on the left and the AOG on the right? I have AOG's that look the the zoas on the right in the picture.

The AOG have less color near the mouth if I remember correctly and the goochsters apper to be "brighter" in coloration.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;220087 said:
I think they are similar but even in you photos the zoas look slightly different to me. Are the Goochsters on the left and the AOG on the right? I have AOG's that look the the zoas on the right in the picture.

The AOG have less color near the mouth if I remember correctly and the goochsters apper to be "brighter" in coloration.
well I'm really wanting people to tell what they think is what before I revealed. I do see the differences that you speak of except the frag on the right has a larger polyp that looks identical to the ones on the left so I'm just looking for feed back. I'm certain the only reason they're slightly different is because of tank chemistry and lighting differences. Same color, same skirts and same mouths.

yOdaddy

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can you take more pictures at different angles? Cause the picture above you can tell the difference and pictures are worth a quadrillion words

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
The ones on the left look exactly like my AOG's. To me the AOG's have some other color in the discus, where the other kind of Zoa are more solid orange.