APEX app on IPhone

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have been struggling through the setup on the apex. I have followed all the directions but the mobile device keeps saying that it has timed out the the light is yellow instead of green. Any thoughts?

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not knowing where you started, I'll throw out a couple things that got me at first. You have to set up at least two connections, local (wifi) and a regular host account. When testing your regular host account, remember to turn off wifi on your phone as to only rely on your phone provider.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was getting the same thing. I just go on to the web browser and use fusion instead. Not much help, sorry. Just a work around.

tomtom2245

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are you talking about the little radial button at the home page on the app? Have you been able to access the Apex via Fusion from a device that isn't on your home network.

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fusion seems to react to what you are doing much easier and faster than the iPhone app. Mine has the same problem that you are describing with the time out. If you wait and let it finish loading it will sometimes work a little better.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Try increasing the time out period when you set it up. I've never seen a yellow button only red green and orange . Now are you using a local IP address to connnect or a wan/ddnys address?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Shaunv;355196 said:
I was getting the same thing. I just go on to the web browser and use fusion instead. Not much help, sorry. Just a work around.
+1 the app can be kind of a pain, doing it in a browser on fusion or the classic dashboard it the best way to ensure your setups are taking effect

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
It is via the app on the home screen where you connect to different devices. I am able to use fusion and the direct IP address. Just not allowing it on the phone. I opened ports 23 and 9900 like it said and did the connection test it also told me to do and said it could not connect. It does allow connection through port 80 and shows good through that and nothing else. I was on the phone with Comcast and they even opened it and made sure it was all done correctly but still no luck. I updated the time out to 5 min and still no luck.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wait, I didn't even realize there is a actual apex app. I just created a shortcut on my home screen to the fusion site. Works fine for me except it seems to forget my password pretty frequently.