Apex diy moonlight program.

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have the rapidled moonlight kit on my tank which originally came non dimmable. Worked great but I had a small dimmable driver for a project I decided not to do so I put the dimmable driver on the moonlight on my tank.

Question
What program should I write/run for a cyclical moonlighting program?

Thanks in advance!

(looking at you zombie )

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Assuming you have a full apex, or vdm, you either set up ramp profiles, or if using fusion, you could use their wizard. Zombie may jump in with another solution, but fairly easy to do.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
If using profiles, the following program could be modified to your times

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 21:30 to 06:00 Then moonup
If Time 06:00 to 09:00 Then moondn

The profiles that are moonup, and moondn (you can name them anything you want), are both 3 hour ramp profiles, going from 100% to 40%, and then back. What this setup will do is basically start the moon lights at 100% ramping down to 40% over three hours, and then hold 40% until 3hours before my normal lights, and ramp back up to 100% when my normal lights turn on, and start their daylight ramp profile. Mine are the apex moonlights, so I'm not sure if you want to run rapid led's at 100% to start, as they might be much brighter.

If your looking to follow the apex lunar table, I could look up how to do it, but I don't run that set up myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
found it, should be very simple... But im not sure how it works with vdm's. On a lunar module, the lunar calendar has a moon stage to know how intense the light should be. Try this...

If Moon 000/000 Then ON