1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Apex Guru's

Discussion in 'Neptune Systems' started by TheRealChrisBrown, Apr 18, 2016.

1. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

On my EB8, outlet #5 is stuck in constant on. I've tried various programs, tried programming it to just say "Set OFF", tried "Set OFF, Fallback OFF", still in constant on when I plug in a lamp or a 150w MH bulb and ballast. I try using fusion to manually turn the outlet on and off, still just stays on.

Is my outlet #5 fused on or something? Any tricks I could try to reset the EB8, but not lose any of my outlet programming (the other 7 outlets work perfectly). I suppose I could always just plug in my fuge light since I leave it on 24/7 anyway....but I was hoping to use outlet #5 for the 150w halide.

2. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

have you tried just sliding the status slider to off? does it turn off then? Do you have your apex fusion dashboard locked?

3. TheRealChrisBrown

Moving the slider around has no effect, just stays on. Fusion dash is unlocked. I just tried manually shutting it off with the display module and that also did nothing. Just on all the time!

4. static reef

static reef SCMAS Board Members S.C.M.A.S BOD

Did you buy the apex used? If so, you might have a virtual outlet controlling that 5 slot.

I know you are trying to find a local answer first, but apex has the best customer service and support I have ever had in my life. If you can't troubleshoot soon I woulld give them a call.

Not to i sult your intelligence or experience at all, but I would recommend pluging any balast and large returns into your 4th and 8th slot of your eb8. (Not sure if you know that they provide a larger electric feed than the others.)

Following along to see what other advice guys have.

5. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Oh good call this may be the case

6. TheRealChrisBrown

7. static reef

Glad i subscribed. I woder why they didnt make 4 & 8 higher voltage and 3 & 7 the relays? Thanks for the article

8. TheRealChrisBrown

Contacted Neptune and they want me to send in the EB8, which isn't very practical since the Apex controls every aspect of my system.

9. static reef

Lol. That figures. My next assumption was that it was faulty equipment.

10. TheRealChrisBrown

Their advice to me was to buy a new EB8 at $160, swap it out for mine with a faulty outlet and send it in. They'd figure out what the problem is, charge me to fix it....but then I'd have a fully working backup.

11. static reef

Expensive back up for a piece of equipment that seldom breaks.

? Interesting