1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Apex help please. Zinnovate?

Discussion in 'Neptune Systems' started by Sctip, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Sctip

Sctip Sardine M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Ok I have the jr which is running well it has a broken screen but still works.

I have aquited:
    [​IMG]

Neither one works. The display if I plug it into my jr will light up but nothing else.

The apex brain lights will come one but nothing happens on the display. I don't know what is wrong just asking for help in how to troubleshoot them to fix them.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

The amount of corrosion on the Ph and the PH/Orp connectors scares me. Has it ever fallen into the tank or the sump? My Apex "brain" is about 16 inches from my sump, has been there for 2 years and has zero corrosion like that. If it went for a swim it might be hosed.

Balz3352 likes this.
  3. Sctip

Thanks Chris for posting. I don't have the history but from the conversation I had with the previous owner was it was working then one night it wasn't. So I am assuming it wasn't in the water, that being said I'll open it up and see if there are any signs of water intrusion. I may can Neptune and see what they have to say.

4. SkyShark

SkyShark Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

I'd give Neptune a call. They may be able to refurb it.

5. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

I'd try some light rubbing alcohol on the base unit connectors, and I would toss the display. You dont need the display to run an apex anyway, you only need that base unit connected to the internet

6. zinovate

zinovate Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

Agreed. I would see what apex will do for you. Odd to see the corrosion like chris was saying

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

7. Sctip

Thanks guys I'll be calling Neptune tomorrow to see what they say. I wonder if it will matter that I inherited it after it stopped working.

8. Sctip

I think it's safe to say this had some water I intrusion. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. scchase

scchase Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Clean up all the stains you see, sometimes you get lucky, I know I have.

10. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Yikes, I would say its a goner

11. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

I d try to clean it, you never know but I doubt it

12. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

What could it hurt to clean it now? I say go for it.