Apex Jr. now available

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am going to see about ordering the new Apex Jr. and some components. Also going to see if I can find a good deal for multiple units. If anyone is interested in these and wants to be informed of what I find. Post here and I will pm you when I have some answers. Planning on ordering by the end of July.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I should know more by the end of June since they just became available.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i might be interested if it was cheap enough to replace my RKL for what i could sell it for

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;100183 said:
i might be interested if it was cheap enough to replace my RKL for what i could sell it for
They are typically listed for $150 and I saw one with temp probe. However if you need more than 4 outlets, want a display, and need other features, then it will cost more.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
These will be more expensive than the RKL, but the RKL couldn't have even run all the equipment that is in my 75. The Apex Jr can run everything I have set up and more. From the discussions I had with Neptune Systems, this is basically an Apex without the display unit. I would want to run my BC14 and my 40, but I am guessing it wont be cheap. Probably $400 to control the 40 and another $225 to add on the BC. I won't be spending that much initially, but want to get started. That is the Apex Jr($150),EB8 ($150) & PM1($75) for my 40 and another EB8 & PM1 for the cube. Here is the link to Neptune Systems.

http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=61&Itemid=40

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
what can the apex run that the reef keeper can't?
i'm just not particularly found of DA at the moment ..once i get all working equip i may be happier

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's not the individual capabilities of the unit. Just the RKL can't run as many modules. I was looking for a controller about the time you got yours and decided to wait for this instead of getting an RKE. I have a computer and smart phone, I don't need a display unit.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i like the capabilities of the RKL for my needs ...now if only it worked
that seneye looks pretty cool too for smart phones

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
There is one module for the Apex that would steer me toward that rather than to the RKL.
The WXM module controls Vortech pumps wirelessly......I'd love to be able to change modes
on my Vortechs through programming instead of manually changing them.