Apex Lite - Discontinued!?

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
Searched around the threads and didn't find a posting on this, so I thought I'd let everyone know that Neptune Systems posted on the bottom of the Apex Lite controller page that they are discontinuing the controller as of 01/01/14. Well so much for looking forward to buying one of those later this year.:frusty: Guess I'll just do the Jr. and throw a VDM on it.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Why not just buy the full apex? It has the VDM built in, and has an extra port you can use for ORP/ or PH (Calcium reactor, or just to double varify). I found personally that every penny spent on the Apex controller was worth it. The only exception is I bought the salinity module and it's useless. Good luck with whatever you decide.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
DyM;291564 said:
Why not just buy the full apex? It has the VDM built in, and has an extra port you can use for ORP/ or PH (Calcium reactor, or just to double varify). I found personally that every penny spent on the Apex controller was worth it. The only exception is I bought the salinity module and it's useless. Good luck with whatever you decide.

+1 I wouldn't go with anything less than a full apex. Totally worth it.

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
For many tanks the lite was perfect. ORP probe was not a big deal, and many people do not have powerheads that can attach to the full Apex. It made perfect sense for my wife's 24. She needed 7 plugs, no controllable power heads, and PH/Temp is all the monitoring she needed. The full Apex would have been overkill, but the lite was absolutely perfect for her tank.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blindrage;291599 said:
For many tanks the lite was perfect. ORP probe was not a big deal, and many people do not have powerheads that can attach to the full Apex. It made perfect sense for my wife's 24. She needed 7 plugs, no controllable power heads, and PH/Temp is all the monitoring she needed. The full Apex would have been overkill, but the lite was absolutely perfect for her tank.
Makes sense.

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
High Plains Reefer;291642 said:
so when I want to upgrade does someone want to buy my lite?
Yes! Absolutely! One call and that's all!

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blindrage;291599 said:
This is exactly what I was thinking. I only have a 20 gallon tank and a full blown Apex is overkill for what I need. Like I said, though, I think I'll just stick with a Jr. and throw some extras at it as they're needed. Unless HPR decides to upgrade at some point in the next few months...

High Plains Reefer said:
so when I want to upgrade does someone want to buy my lite?
When were you thinking of upgrading?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If anyone still wants a lite rather than a full blown apex, I would happily trade my lite head unit for your full apex head unit and ill throw in 60 bucks and a zoa frag.

Optimists say the glass is half full. Pessimists say the glass is half empty. Engineers say the glass is twice the size that it needs to be.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
We have a new unit in stock if you are still interested. Just PM me.

V