"Aquarium Outfitters, and Reptiles" new store in Littleton.

SLewis

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So i was driving around the other day and saw the sign for this store, So here is their information, my review and some pics.

First impressions was its a little rundown shop in a rundown complex...... NOT THE CASE AT ALL!!!!! outside looks were deceiving.
Their grand opening was July 12 2013. They have 2 dedicated walls for fresh water tanks, 2 walls for reptiles, and 2 walls for salt water! they have a freshwater waterfall, and later in the year will introduce a saltwater "1600g tank" with sharks and rays, Their frag flat is huge and it just finished its cycle so it will be up and running this week or beginning of next. Their selection of live salt was a little low but they were expecting another shipment later this week. they were stocked on fresh and reptiles though. they have equipment and tanks for sale, and have quite a selection of food and other extras. It is a very clean store and very professional as well. their tanks have been installed and cycling for over 3 months, and the manager (the owner is just the money behind the store) is very knowledgeable. I will absolutly 100% keep going back. I would recommend them to any one.

Hours are
mon 10-7
tue 10-7
wed closed
thur 10-7
fri 10-7
sat 10-7
sun 10-6
https://www.facebook.com/AquraiumOutfittersCO?ref=stream
http://www.aquariumoutfittersco.com/home.html
View attachment 14870 View attachment 14871 View attachment 14872 View attachment 14873 View attachment 14874 View attachment 14875 View attachment 14876 View attachment 14877 View attachment 14878

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
did you notice how the tanks are connected if they run on vertical systems, horizontal, bi-stand... or are all connected to one large sump in the back? The store looks very professional and clean. might have to go check it out.

Vdubjetta01

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I also stopped in here the other day real nice guy and knowledgeable too. Sells saltwater for 0.99 cents if you buy 50 gallons you get 5 free or something alomg those lines didn't ask how much R/O was had an okay selection of fish but I'm waiting to see when the corals start rolling in. He was also concerned on what lights to put them under to not give an illusion of colors that you can only get with led's.

PlumCrazy I didn't pay a whole lot of attention but I think every 2 to 4 tanks had sumps under them.

SLewis

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
i believe they are connected every 4-6 and ave a sump underneath

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is the same store that I posted about a couple of days ago...Just you did a much better job of describing and giving everyone the information about it than I did, not to mention pictures.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I just saw this and did some searching for information on them and it looks like they did not make it and have already shut their doors. Bummer!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pet stores are a hard business. If you decide to open one, you better have two years of capital in the bank to survive. Somewhere there's a thread of the many, mostly long forgotten failed fish stores around Denver. It's a long list......

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rmougey;295397 said:
Pet stores are a hard business. If you decide to open one, you better have two years of capital in the bank to survive. Somewhere there's a thread of the many, mostly long forgotten failed fish stores around Denver. It's a long list......
Rob, you know that it's weird you bring this up as I was just looking for that thread today.
I do miss artfuldodger's list of aquarium shops!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
not going into detail but it helps if you pay your employees been closed for a few months i was selling them fw stuff and a guy that i knew worked there

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anybody seen a successful store with a Shark and Ray tank in anything but a huge market? This things cost a fortune and make no money. After one visit, nobody who will buy stuff is coming back to get some corals and fish and also see the store do a worse job of keeping sharks and rays as the Aquarium does. The novelty wears thin after about one visit... plus people remember when the same sharks and rays are not in the they next time. I saw a huge unfinished shark/ray tank recently, but I cannot remember where... might have to put that shop on the clock.