Arduino and Reef Angels

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea def makes a diff having one in front of you.
One thing i have noticed is when I push the new code to the RA sometimes i have to do it 2 or 3 times for it to go. I dont know if its normal or not, just something that happens every so often.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
lol staying up for cheap electricity? you siphoning off the neighbor when they go to sleep?
looks like they did an update to the RAgen and the way it produces the files, nothing major but the way some of the code works is a little difft. workin on updating my file now,

I just got the RA, PWM expansion and Wifi, and I found it to be a real commitment to get set up and get my .pde file just right. In fact I'm still tweaking my files and waiting for my replacement board for the relay box (I got a bad port) but if there is one thing I can say it is that the RA crew has been superb! I am no genius, but Ricardo and Curt have helped an unbelievable amount and been super supportive. Simply put, the customer service is why I love my RA

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
They updated the libraries and it threw me for a loop, changed the way the expansion relay is handled.
when did you get yours?

I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Just before the 0.9.0 came out, and that sure did throw me for a loop too.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So Brad we come to Steamboat every year for the Mountain Magic softball tournament. We usually stay at The Hilltop. Since you live there where is the best bang for your buck?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got the RA a week ago, it's still sitting in the box :(. The shear amount of cables discouraged me from piecing it together right away. Spring break starts after this last class for me, time to get serious about the RA:D.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cool, if you need any help with it hit me up. We just got back into town tonight. Was nice checking params from the phone and the Portal

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
your portal key? that is what you set inside the RAGen on the portal line where you set your username (the name you use on the forum) you dont have to have a key there you can leave it blank and leave the key off on the portal.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Guess I'm having issues with the portal getting data from the wifi. I got the host thing from no-ip and put the address in the portal. Now what? The port isn't blocked, is there something else I should be doing with the router?

The phone app works

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Guess I'm having issues with the portal getting data from the wifi. I got the host thing from no-ip and put the address in the portal. Now what? The port isn't blocked, is there something else I should be doing with the router?

The phone app works

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are you doing port forwarding on your router? if so send port 2000 to the local ip of the wireless. I can help you with it if you like

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
so in your home router, under port forwarding, you need to set port 2000 to go to the IP of the wireless unit connected to the RA.
i was not able to resolve that DNS name either, when did you activate it?

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just checked mine as I know that mine is not reachable right now, the portal will still update with the info from the wireless that gets pushed to the web banner
Can you connect to the local ip address ex http://192.168.0.50:2000/wifi

My reefangelid: projectx
Connection Status: Unreachable Address
Last Update: Tue Mar 20 2012 17:58:12 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
Displaying data from: Webbanner database