Arduino and Reef Angels

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just checked mine as I know that mine is not reachable right now, the portal will still update with the info from the wireless that gets pushed to the web banner
Can you connect to the local ip address ex http://192.168.0.50:2000/wifi

My reefangelid: projectx
Connection Status: Unreachable Address
Last Update: Tue Mar 20 2012 17:58:12 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
Displaying data from: Webbanner database

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
open command prompt, start and run cmd
type in ipconfig, hit enter
scroll up youll see your ip of your machine and the gateway, thats the address youll need to connect to

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
open command prompt, start and run cmd
type in ipconfig, hit enter
scroll up youll see your ip of your machine and the gateway, thats the address youll need to connect to

So for those of you that have the RA working are you happy with it? I've been hounding Digital Aquatics for news on if they plan on adding a Vortech module for a long time now and they have not commented. I'm getting fed up with it. The RA is on my list to consider. If you had the choice would you buy it again?

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zooid;153827 said:
I thought the default standard was 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
usually it is, he is on a community network provided by his complex, which is setup totally difft, spent some time last night remoted into his computer and he will have to contact them to allow the port.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zooid;153827 said:
I thought the default standard was 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
usually it is, he is on a community network provided by his complex, which is setup totally difft, spent some time last night remoted into his computer and he will have to contact them to allow the port.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cyber-Burn;153825 said:
So for those of you that have the RA working are you happy with it? I've been hounding Digital Aquatics for news on if they plan on adding a Vortech module for a long time now and they have not commented. I'm getting fed up with it. The RA is on my list to consider. If you had the choice would you buy it again?
I would get it again, its had a few hiccups but the tech support they provide is killer. Had a problem with the wireless, he remoted into my system to see if he could figure out what was going on. After he redid a few things we were going to see what happened after a few days, he didnt even wait he sent out a new wi-fi unit.

there is a bit of a learning curve with it, it can do what ever you want it to, if you dont know how to program (which I dont) if you post up they will give you the code to make it work.

Your welcome to come by and check mine out if you like

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cyber-Burn;153825 said:
They already have a vortech module, they call it the rf module.

Gale, probably explains the reason I can't get it to work.

Found out my "router" is actually an access point. Which is the reason for my troubles.

Thank you both. That's why I have been hounding DA about it. So far the choices for Vortech control are the RA, Apex or Profilux. Out of the three the RA sounds most appealing to me because of the ability to customize it. Plus the RA also has basic controls through the RF for the Radions.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
NP, If anyone gets one and needs help with it I will be happy to lend a hand. I am by no means an expert but have messed with it enough to get through most of it.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Still sounds like its an issue with either the ISP or the complex, email me the IP of the wifi, let me see what i come up with