Arduino and Reef Angels

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got it working. I remembered some of the steps from last night; low and behold it works now! Now to get the web banner into my sig....

EDIT: I am completely infatuated with the RA accessibility from my phone, I just changed my light cycle....from my phone. Makes me want to do a complete LED DIY, just so I can control the lights from my phone. STOKED!

Last edited by a moderator:

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cool glad you got it figured out. What was the problem?
Yea I am going to do a DIY LED that I can control from the RA as well, once its up and running its nice lol

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cool glad you got it figured out. What was the problem?
Yea I am going to do a DIY LED that I can control from the RA as well, once its up and running its nice lol

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok...so I am considering getting one of these. I am looking for it to control a PH probe, a Temp Probe, Skimmer, Return Pump, heater, Zeo Reactor, 2 BRS Dosing Pumps. I would like to be able to control it via my Iphone, so I assume I would need the WiFi module as well. And eventually I would like to control my Vortex MP-40's with it also, but I can wait on that one for now.

So my questions are these:

1. What do I need to order? I dont really care about Analog or PWM since I can control my vertex Illumina LED's already through my computer.

2. Is it better to wait for the RA+ controller for more memory or does it really not matter at this point. I dont want to have to wait forever for them to come off preorder.

3. Will I be fine with just one relay box.

4. What do I need to hook up the WiFi/RF module? It doesnt really talk about what you need on the products page to hook up the add on's.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The main relay box has 8 outlets, it looks like you have 7 items so you should be good there

on the memory, you might post up on the RA site and ask them they will be able to tell you pretty close how much memory you will need, i think with the Vortech control and wireless it might be tight but I could be wrong

I am running the dual dosing pumps from RA, do the BRS dosing pumps require a timer ? if so they would work

I think the RF module plugs into the main relay box there is a usb port on it that you use for the expansion relays. I would ask for sure on that as well.

the wireless plugs directly into the controller, uses the port that you use to plug the USB programming cable into it, and yes you would need the wifi module to control it from your phone, as well as doing a little port forwarding on your router.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes the BRS dosing pump require a timer to control how much they dose. I will ask the other questions on the RA forum to be sure. I figured the memory should be ok for both the wireless and the RF since they have both modules out before the expanded memory RA+. I will ask to make sure though.