Are you a DIY'er? What diy project have you been working on?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Wow Doyle that is also genius!!!! I don't see how it couldn't work perfectly! Very cool and great job on pics during construction.

I decided I needed an ato, and on the cheap in light of aqu ring a fluval m40 AIO nano

So I had a float switch laying around, bought a cheap battery air pump off amazon with my perk points, as well as some rigid air line. Made a holder for the float switch with some plastic I had laying around from one of the mounting brackets for my JBJ ato. The end result is freaking sweet, all in all a DIY ato for about 25 bucks.

Step one, open case of air pump, remove air pump from housing, cut positive wire coming from battery to the power switch

Step two, prep the float switch

Step three run wires through hole drilled in air pump case

Step four splice wires, solder in place, replace air pump in case

Step five (no pics *sad face*) place air lines into ato reservoir

Step six, set it all up and watch it work

The basic idea is that air pump creates positive pressure in the container, forcing water out through the rigid air line

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just change [/URL] to [/IMG]

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Firedawg56;345923 said:
I guess I have either have not posted enough or have limited access. I do not see an edit button to be able to correct it.
You have to be a badged member to be able to edit your posts.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ThunderTwonk;345926 said:
I fix for you.
Thanks for doing the hard work! Copied and pasted your edits to the original post :p

That is one slick idea for the ATO running off the air pump. I actually have one of those laying around and never would have thought that up!