Arvada Newbie

Dub_G

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I finally jumped into the world of salt water aquariums. I have had several fresh water aquariums in the past and I have finally gotten a salt water aquarium setup started. I plan on starting as a FOWLR but plan on eventually jumping to corals after I've proven to my wife (and myself) that I can keep the salt water aquarium healthy and looking good.

My set-up is a 36 gallon bow-front that I've started cycling this evening. I've been reading a lot about the hobby and I'm looking forward to watching my tank grow. I also look forward to meeting some new friends as I get started with this exciting hobby.

I've been lurking on the forums for some time now, but I plan on starting to ask A LOT of questions.

Dub

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ask away! There are a lot of good people on here that are super smart and willing to help. The above two people in this post being some of them. I'm still a new and ask tons of questions. Welcome aboard!

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome!

I like to write every fish/coral/invert I'd like to see in my tank on a sheet of paper. Then, I research each one and begin to cross off species that aren't realistic or don't work for whatever reason.

Dub_G

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chris, I'm still doing the research on that. My teenage daughters want the obligatory Nemo & Dorie. My older daughter also wanted seahorse, but after some research I told her that was out. At least for the for quite a while. I like some of the gobies that I've seen and some of the wrasses.

Cake_Boss - That is what I was planning on doing.

As I start finding some fish that I'm interested in, I'll post them to the group to get some opinions on compatibility.

zinovate

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dori in that size tank will be a short lived experience. They will out grow the tank quickly.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome: to the club and to the addiction :crazycrazy::devilish: