Ato programming

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I need to set in my programming where my ato pump runs for atleast 1-2 min it's running several times an hr for 10-30 sec each time. So this will let it run only 5-10 times a day vs 20-30 times for several seconds. Will this work?

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If switch1 closed then on
OSC 000:00/002:00 then on
If switch2 open then off

Will this say if the float switch is closed than run for 2 min?

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ato programming

I think you're missing one time stamp. Example: OSC 000.00/002.00/058.00 then ON. Sintax might be off, but I think you need 3 time slots on osc. That example would be 2 minutes an hour.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ato programming

Here's mine, I have it run every half hour, and a little bit longer because my aqua lifter can run kinda slow when the level in my res gets lower. This takes about 2-3 hours to catch up from kalk running lower levels at night. Total volume about 120 gal, so adjust tes to work for your system.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON
OSC 000:00/005:00/025:00 Then ON
If Switch1 OPEN Then OFF
If Time 13:00 to 08:55 Then OFF
Defer 001:00 Then OFF
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ato programming

If you ran a defer statement, it would just run for that time when it got low enough to trigger your switch. That might be more what your after.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
Defer 002:00 Then OFF

Don't think you need a switch open statement if you have a Set OFF

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
FishTV;248168 said:
If you ran a defer statement, it would just run for that time when it got low enough to trigger your switch. That might be more what your after.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
Defer 002:00 Then OFF

Don't think you need a switch open statement if you have a Set OFF
That's what I'm looking for. Thanks. The switch 2 is a backup fail safe in case the first one fails.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ato programming

Cool. Kinda got tripped up when I read your OSC line instead of actually reading what you wanted.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
FishTV;248170 said:
Cool. Kinda got tripped up when I read your OSC line instead of actually reading what you wanted.
Yea I knew I was missing code in the OSC line but I just thought it would only run for those 2 min vs ever hr it would run. Makes sense now I understand what the OSC line is for now.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just a quick update my ato only runs 5-6 times a day now vs 30-40 before. The new program is working perfectly.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ato programming

Great!! Think I may have to go that same rout on the new frag tank ( need to get the build thread going). Running into a couple unexpected problems with ato levels that this type of system might fix.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I slightly overfill the return to keep that float from triggering so frequently. It was triggering multiple times an hr and only running 20 secs each time. I run a second float to kill the whole program if water level gets to high.