ATO Recommendation

Please recommend an ATO for a 40G reef tank. Been using tunze nano ATO and the pump has failed on me a few times this month, causing the tank to overflow with RODI water. It is not a back siphon issue or a water level sensor issue.

Tunze is all I use. I've had a few others in the past with float switches. I had to adjust the pump on it to get it to stop doing alarms but that was the only problem I've had.

aquarius

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 for Tunze I use 4 of them and I won't use anything else. I've tried others and they just don't compare. I'd reach out to Roger and see what he has to say, Tunze customer service is truly the best and Roger is very helpful.

Thanks for the replies, I really like tunze but this particular unit has been a little unreliable this month. I will reach out to customer service and see what their troubleshooting advice is

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have always been a fan of gravity fed and a float valve. If that does not fit your setup, I would suggest tapping into Apex if you are using or plan to use one anyways.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have both Tunze and Aqua Medic. I like Tunze because it gives you a warning if the water level is too high.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Spectrapure uplc2 is the best I've used and you can locate your reservoir pretty much anywhere in your home that you want. I have one on all three of my tanks all pulling from the same 20gal reservoir In my basement.

Late to the party but i use the TI Hydrofill. Titanium continuity probes and allows you to plug in any pump. Mine is currently paired to a Toms aqualifter and has done well for me the past 5 months.